The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Our Stuff... In Scale

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-09-2011, 12:35 AM   #1
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Ertl 1/16 2009 Silverado

I hate the body design, quality and fit and finish of 2007 to current Silverado and Sierra but that is a different discussion....anyway this little 1/16 truck is pretty cool for what it is. Last weekend I saw a Silverado commercial where a little kid was playing with a little Silverado inside the house as his dad drove in the driveway driving the real one. Pretty cool commercial. Anyway, I did some research on that toy and came up with this.

Ertl Big Farm 1/16

DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
69C20CUSTOM

Re: Ertl 1/16 2009 Silverado

Pretty cool commercial.
x2
I really liked it.
69C20CUSTOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #3
justcuz

They are running this commercial again during the 2012 Olympic games broadcasts. I too think it is a great commercial! It reflects the true nature of boys playing with their trucks.

I actually wrote Chevrolets advertising contractor and asked about the truck and its availability since I had 3 little boys I needed to provide gifts for.

I am a Chevy guy and a retired fireman, so I either buy the kids Chevy trucks or fire department toys which drives two of their Dads nuts since two are in law enforcement (one CHP and one local police officer) and one is a dedicated Ford guy! The other is my son who followed me into the fire service and is also a dedicated Chevy guy.

I was told buy the advertising company that the toy truck was custom built for the commercial and was not available as a retail item.

After doing some reserarch I believe Larry is correct. They modified and Ertl Big Farm Silverado to make it look like a 3/4 ton later model truck. I found that they produced 3 of these, the red one Larry posted up, a white John Deere version and a silver one with a trailer towing a skid steer tractor.

I believe thay modified a silver one to use in the commercial. These trucks can easily be found online in farm toy stores. Just type "Ertl Big Farm Silverado" in your search engine and you will find multiple listings for them.
justcuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
YBNORML

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
They are running this commercial again during the 2012 Olympic games broadcasts. I too think it is a great commercial! It reflects the true nature of boys playing with their trucks.

I actually wrote Chevrolets advertising contractor and asked about the truck and its availability since I had 3 little boys I needed to provide gifts for.

I am a Chevy guy and a retired fireman, so I either buy the kids Chevy trucks or fire department toys which drives two of their Dads nuts since two are in law enforcement (one CHP and one local police officer) and one is a dedicated Ford guy! The other is my son who followed me into the fire service and is also a dedicated Chevy guy.

I was told buy the advertising company that the toy truck was custom built for the commercial and was not available as a retail item.

After doing some reserarch I believe Larry is correct. They modified and Ertl Big Farm Silverado to make it look like a 3/4 ton later model truck. I found that they produced 3 of these, the red one Larry posted up, a white John Deere version and a silver one with a trailer towing a skid steer tractor.

I believe thay modified a silver one to use in the commercial. These trucks can easily be found online in farm toy stores. Just type "Ertl Big Farm Silverado" in your search engine and you will find multiple listings for them.
Thanks for the info, I also tried to find the toy from the commercial with no luck. I think we have a sickness I will try and find the Ertl one now.

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote