The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-06-2010, 02:09 AM   #1
joe1982
.. !WAR FEDOR! ..

My late 82swb build.

so after being on this forum i have finally decided to make my own build thread!!! that and i am finally out of the military so i have about a month to kill until i start school again!! haha well as some of you have seen, here are some pics of the truck when i first bought it, there was nothing flashy at all about it really. It just looked like the most solid truck at the time that i was searching for one.

I constantly wonder wether i overpaid for it not but i think it was an ok deal. It came with a deluxe turn key gm350 crate with only 26,000 miles!( originally it was a straight 6 with a 3speed) a new built TH400 built raptor tranny and a over all straight body. There was a light scrape on the passanger side door and the typical rust spot on my lower driver side door. the interior was ok, new upholstered bench seat, new dash panel and the door panels were in ok shape. the carpet was in horrible shape. I ended up paying just over 4300 for it.

suspension wise, it was shot and needed a lowering job bad. i dont know if the PO was planning on lowering it but the tires he was running were tiny. 235 /60's up front. on the plus side though, all the tires were brand spanking new and i had the warrenty for them.
Attached Images

"san diego chargers #1"
joe1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:23 AM   #2
joe1982
.. !WAR FEDOR! ..

Re: My late 82swb build.

When i bought this truck I was still over seas in Japan. my brother and father were the ones looking at it and letting me know what they thought. i was in love with it the moment i saw it in person, sure it looked funky with tiny wheels and a cowl hood (witch i still hate to this day!!) and i romped around in it for the next three months wondering where to start on it. i then had the awsome luck of going back to Iraq, so i had to put those plans on hold. while in iraq though, my wife had the truck lowered for me, i know i know, sounds like an awesome thing but, i really wish she would have told me. she ended up getting ripped off, they told her it was lowered with springs and spindles up front and a flip in the rear. when i got home after my deployment i discovered that all they did was chop the hell out of my springs and took some leaves out up front.

needless to say i went to this shop that charged her 1200!!! i didnt get all my money back, i only ended up getting 1000 back. i would have taken these guys to court but they ended up going under. here are some pics of it after they "lowered it"

after getting some cash back i started shopping around for some lowering components to re drop it.....
Attached Images

"san diego chargers #1"
joe1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:10 AM   #3
JohnC

Re: My late 82swb build.

Hey man glad to see you started a thread!
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote