The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-13-2020, 12:17 PM   #1
FLYNAVY30

Where to find rear door panels and middle row seat foam?

I'm doing some interior work in my truck ('72), and all 4 interior door panels are shot...cracked, brittle, faded, etc. Obviously the fronts are easy to find, but does anyone have a source for the third door and the opposite interior panel?

Additionally, does anyone have a source for middle row bench seat foam? I have the bigger middle bench as my truck did not come with a 3rd row.

Thanks for the help!

-Greg
FLYNAVY30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 05:56 PM   #2
Beach-Burban

Re: Where to find rear door panels and middle row seat foam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYNAVY30 View Post
I'm doing some interior work in my truck ('72), and all 4 interior door panels are shot...cracked, brittle, faded, etc. Obviously the fronts are easy to find, but does anyone have a source for the third door and the opposite interior panel?

Additionally, does anyone have a source for middle row bench seat foam? I have the bigger middle bench as my truck did not come with a 3rd row.

Thanks for the help!

-Greg
Hey Greg...I thought I had a lead on a set of 4 original door panels in what looked like perfect shape (that HO455 had found on Craigslist), but when I checked just now, the listing is gone! They were asking $450. As for the seat...and I'm not an authority on this subject, but I think you need to determine if it is a full foam (Deluxe) or standard foam (thinner) seat. I know that LMC has full foam for the front bench but not the standard foam...and I'm not really sure if the front bench length is the same length as the full size middle (as I have two shorties in mine). I saw another link somewhere that I'll try to find for you. They had lots of variables for different foams (but were pretty pricey).

Woody

PS...there is a phone number...but no area code? It appears that the craigslist ad was from the state of Washington if that helps...Phone #: 366-4089. Picture can be seen at the top of the last page of the thread "Suburban and Panel finds".

Last edited by Beach-Burban; 07-13-2020 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Added information
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:20 PM   #3
FLYNAVY30

Re: Where to find rear door panels and middle row seat foam?

Thanks Woody....I too saw the post and thought I was on to something...but as you said, it was taken down and the number didn't yield any useful leads. Its frustrating that LMC doesn't make some of these parts. I may look into building my own door panels....well see.

As for the foam, the "full size" middle is still a little shorter than the front, but wider than the shorties you have. I may just have the covers made by SMS fabrics, and leave it to my upholstery shop to sort out the foam as they deem appropriate.
FLYNAVY30 is offline   Reply With Quote