The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-13-2020, 03:54 PM   #1
pwdcougar

67-72 fuel sending unit

I’m looking for a new fuel sending unit but see prices from $32 to $62. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Paul
Posted via Mobile Device
pwdcougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 07:20 PM   #2
Beach-Burban

Re: 67-72 fuel sending unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdcougar View Post
I’m looking for a new fuel sending unit but see prices from $32 to $62. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Paul
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey Paul...I wish I could be more help than this because I get so much help from everyone here, but I did replace my fuel sending unit a couple years ago and have been quite happy with it. Here's the bad news...I can't find the paperwork and don't know for sure who I got it from, but I think it was Speed Motors online? I paid between $30 to $40 for it, and due to the dealer installed 45 gallon tank I have, I needed to modify the length of the pick-up arm...but it worked out great and is very accurate. I guess my point is that the most expensive is probably not a factor??? If it a direct replacement for an original tank, fitment should be your concern. I also followed some tips that I found on this forum about checking the resistance through the range of motion before installing the new one, and that gave me peace of mind when it went in! Just my 2 cents...

Woody
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 03:13 PM   #3
pwdcougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach-Burban View Post
Hey Paul...I wish I could be more help than this because I get so much help from everyone here, but I did replace my fuel sending unit a couple years ago and have been quite happy with it. Here's the bad news...I can't find the paperwork and don't know for sure who I got it from, but I think it was Speed Motors online? I paid between $30 to $40 for it, and due to the dealer installed 45 gallon tank I have, I needed to modify the length of the pick-up arm...but it worked out great and is very accurate. I guess my point is that the most expensive is probably not a factor??? If it a direct replacement for an original tank, fitment should be your concern. I also followed some tips that I found on this forum about checking the resistance through the range of motion before installing the new one, and that gave me peace of mind when it went in! Just my 2 cents...

Woody
Thanks Woody. When I get home I’ll look up the resistance specs and test my old one first

It’s buried in a box in one of my rented garages. Actually it will be easiest to buy a new one!

Paul .
Posted via Mobile Device
pwdcougar is offline   Reply With Quote