The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-30-2004, 05:48 AM   #1
707 Blazer Punk
Account Suspended

Haf Cab on Ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...491565935&rd=1

Comes with the truck too :p

[img http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/838341/customhalfcab.jpg[/img]
[imghttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/838341/halfcabrearandbulkhead.jpg[/img]
707 Blazer Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 11:19 AM   #2
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

I saw that one. It looks like it is in really good shape. I'm watching the auction just to see how high it ends up selling.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 08:19 PM   #3
707 Blazer Punk
Account Suspended

Oh look, and here's another one on ebay. This one is "Dealer installed"
Quote:
You've noticed the unusual half cab - the vehicle was shipped from the factory with no top, DeAnza Chevrolet in Riverside (where I bought this Blazer) installed this rare top made by Minnesota Truck Equipment Corp, Cokato MN, called Pace Setter Half-Cab. I've modified it by building a different bulkhead behind the seats (I have the original equipment.) The white fiberglass top unclips from inside and is easily removed, it's not heavy. So, it's a removable hard top. I made two cuts and took out the original back window - now the back window and bulk head will be fixed to the vehicle and the top will fit down over it. Makes the top lighter and easier to remove. Only problem is, it's not finished - the bulkhead needs some finishing work and needs to be attached to the vehicle bed. In the meantime, there is no good sealing of the cab from the outside elements
Ebay Auction

707 Blazer Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 01:14 AM   #4
72blazerk5shorttop

That was mine...

I think I've decided to switch it back to at least a soft top...it's just not getting the response I would have expected...what do you guys think...my reserve was only about $4000, too high? Somebody from Oregon offered $2250...the custom fiberglass and custom bed work was near half that! Plus $400 in new tires and a heavy duty battery and I feel like I was just punched in the gut! I know it's not restored but it's not bad for original equipment. It gets noticed just about everywhere I take it but once they find out how much I want they all go silent. Can something get that much attention but be worth the same as a 92 family sedan with over 100k miles on it??? I don't think so...

*The original '72 "half-cab" that started the thread is mine*

Last edited by 72blazerk5shorttop; 10-10-2004 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Clarification
72blazerk5shorttop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 02:46 AM   #5
saulgoode

Wow the cab on that red on is ugly.
saulgoode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 08:44 PM   #6
2wdBlazer
The Blazer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72blazerk5shorttop
I think I've decided to switch it back to at least a soft top...it's just not getting the response I would have expected...what do you guys think...my reserve was only about $4000, too high? Somebody from Oregon offered $2250...the custom fiberglass and custom bed work was near half that! Plus $400 in new tires and a heavy duty battery and I feel like I was just punched in the gut! I know it's not restored but it's not bad for original equipment. It gets noticed just about everywhere I take it but once they find out how much I want they all go silent. Can something get that much attention but be worth the same as a 92 family sedan with over 100k miles on it??? I don't think so...

I would love to buy the half cab only. Nice Blazer though, I have 2 many.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:37 PM   #7
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

The truck looks like it is in good shape. I would try listing it in the Autotrader and the LittleNickel. Just because it didn't hit the reserve on e-bay, doesn't mean you were asking too much. Prices on e-bay vary all over the place. I bought an AMT/Ertl model kit for $14 and at the same time another one was selling for much more. Exact same item, for some reason, one sold much higher.

You could also try re-listing on e-bay, but your getting into the season when convertables don't sell so well.

Quote:

Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 08:56 PM   #8
Cethern
What was I thinking??

That Second one would be a nice deal with all that comes with it. The Turbo would be real fun too....

Cethern
Old 10-14-2004, 10:06 PM   #9
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
I think I've decided to switch it back to at least a soft top...it's just not getting the response I would have expected...
You might try getting better pics. I looked at the auction while it was running. My impression was I couldn't really see if it had rust, or what condition the body was in.

Please don't take this the wrong way. Just offering a suggestion....
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote