The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-17-2004, 12:46 AM   #1
jakeslim
Premium Level Member

K5 value ? No, not selling just some ??

I bought a 69 k5 from the son of the original owner. Does that count as me being the second owner? Or am I still technically third in line. Also, does documentation help the value of a truck. I have 30 years of records, including the original hand book in plastic sleeve. If anything, its so cool to look over decades of receipts and installation instructions, from Franz oil filters to Midas brake jobs and shocks. The truck is a basically almost zero rust so that was the most exciting thing for me.
Also, it has tow hooks up front. Did these come factory? If so, would it state as an option? How do I tell?

thanks ahead of time.
jakeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 12:59 AM   #2
bad_turbo
turbo enthusiast

Nice find!
Old 10-17-2004, 01:40 AM   #3
71jimmy

I think if the son of the original owner had actually changed the registration to his name, you would then be the third owner. I too like seeing all the documentation when buying a car. When you sell, if you find a person to buy that is detail oriented it can add some value to the car especially if it is mint condition. Not sure about the tow hooks, I think they were probably dealer add ons like the roll bars. Sounds like a great find. Hope you can post pictures!

"If life was fair you'd be able to afford one of each and a garage large enough to house them all."
71jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 02:07 AM   #4
1969 GMC

Tow hooks were factory installed, but its possible they could have been added at the dealership. Check your glovebox sticker, they should be listed on there. I believe the code is: V76 Frt Tow Hooks.
1969 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 02:37 AM   #5
jakeslim
Premium Level Member

Ok, good info. Thanks
Old 10-17-2004, 04:33 AM   #6
Drop Top 71
I don't get the hint that banned means banned

Hey paul, guess who! Hope the tops been working out well for you and is everything you hoped of it. I'v had the soft top on a week or two now and tonight is it's first night out in the rain! I just poked my head in the door and everythings stil dry! I'll have pics for everyone soon when i stop being so lazy, maybe this weekend?
Drop Top 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 02:10 PM   #7
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

Where are the pictures?
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 02:43 PM   #8
jakeslim
Premium Level Member

pics are coming. Its raining today. My plans are not a frame up restore, but more of a "stop the aging" process. Secure the metal with por-15, straighten out the dings. Install my new NOS front bumper next week and thats about it. I plan on using it for weekend driving, but no offroading...or just mild.
I still need a rear bumper if anyone as a good to excellent chrome GM one laying around.
I do have some pics so i'll load them up to imagestation and post.

Old 10-17-2004, 11:55 PM   #9
skid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969 GMC
Tow hooks were factory installed, but its possible they could have been added at the dealership. Check your glovebox sticker, they should be listed on there. I believe the code is: V76 Frt Tow Hooks.
I have factory tow hooks and it is listed under the option sheet as 1V7610
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 02:05 AM   #10
Drop Top 71
I don't get the hint that banned means banned

I by no means beat the snot out'a my pride and joy, however, i make sure it gets its fare share of play time in 4x4 every couple weeks. I usually go wheelin around the dried up russian river with pals. Then again when you have a 77 like jakeslims, why would you want to take anything else offroad!!! What a beast, you guys should be asking for pics of that.

Should I run short on cash again jakeslim, maybe I can yank that rear bumper off and sell that to ya also Just playyin, mines not perfect anyways and i love that chrome too much. I'll take some pics of the fasttrack tomorrow...hopefully.
Drop Top 71 is offline   Reply With Quote