The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-11-2020, 12:24 PM   #1
hubdawg

Assembly order ?

Getting ready to put body back on Monday and was wondering if anybody had a good reassembly order of operations for frame off.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

hubdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 01:41 PM   #2
notsolo

Re: Assembly order ?

Cover your beautiful paint with paper, plastic, blue tape etc. Are you going to brace the doors on the tub when lifting it back on?. You have a blank slate, just try and get the fuel fill area ready to hook up any wiring that runs to the back. Looking good.
notsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 10:45 AM   #3
hemi43

Hang and align the doors first before you place it on the frame because the body is in a relaxed position. Then mount it to the frame and install your body shims. Try and keep proper door alignment by adding or removing shims then tighten down. Guaranteed your door alignment moved a bit, so re-align them. Next comes the fenders. Align those for a proper door gap, but leave the front of the fenders loose. Install the hood. Align the the hood to the fenders for proper gaps ( that's why the front of fenders were left loose). Last thing to go on is the cowl.
Hopefully you aligned everything before paint to test everything, because GM didn't do a great job making things fit back then.
hemi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 12:14 PM   #4
hubdawg

Yep did all my alignment and fitment so I'm good there. Looking more for after the body is on and what order then ie: wiring, heater core, dash.... I hate taking things back apart after I've done a nice job of installing ..lol
hubdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 04:51 PM   #5
notsolo

Heater, under dash wiring, steering column, A/C vents, oil pressure line. Anything you can do with the doors off will be a lot easier. ...Great color choices BTW.
Attached Images

notsolo is offline   Reply With Quote