The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-24-2020, 08:45 PM   #1
Randallsauto93

Need help identifying this truck

My dad bought this truck brand new back in the day, here is a photo of it. I know it’s an 80s s10, But I would like to know the year in the paint scheme or lay out if there is a name for it. I’m trying to think of something to do with this for Christmas so I do not want to ask him. Any help would be awesome, thanks!!
Attached Images

Randallsauto93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 10:24 PM   #2
Ad Cam

Re: Need help identifying this truck

I had a friend that had one in the '90s that had the same stripes. It's option ZY1-090 Sunshine striping. Probably 1988 or so. Looks to be Apple Red or Cinnamon Red. Read all about it on page 30 here: https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/doc...rolet-S-10.pdf

Last edited by Ad Cam; 11-24-2020 at 10:34 PM.
Ad Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 06:02 AM   #3
LT7A

Re: Need help identifying this truck

That's a neat little truck. Based on its age, there are probably things that you can clean, detail, and fix – more than enough to keep you busy until Christmas. If that's a picture of the actual truck, it looks like a lowering kit would really tighten up the look. Lots of elevation up front currently, and enough space to fly a biplane between the top of the rear tire and the fender lip, haha. I hope not to see any good deals on these trucks, because you can hardly beat them for utility and sportiness. And I need to not have any more projects, haha. Good luck to you and your dad. Oh yeah, there is an S10 area on the forum. It doesn't get a lot of traffic anymore but you might have better luck. You actually posted this in the section for full size square bodies.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote