The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-20-2009, 07:32 AM   #1
65VOL

Something is amiss

Now that I'm clearing up my wiring to make sure I'm street legal with lights, signals, and the like. I'm digging into that and this is where I stand.

new headlight switch and dimmer switch, new taillight wiring from cab back. New taillight assemblies. For some reason my signals aren't flashing yet they will turn on. Brake lights light when I press the brake, but only on the driver side.

I installed a new turn signal switch and got a new flasher, but I'm thinking it may be faulty. Why else would I have light when I press the turn signal, but no flashing. It stays on.

I'm rewiring the connector on the passenger side turn signal, which I'm sure is the reason why its not lighting, but any clue as to why the passenger side taillight isn't lighting?
65VOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
Eturnit3
Bloodied Knuckles

Re: Something is amiss

if your using the old plugs with just new wire leading to them you may have to clean the contacts a bit... other than that, I would guess you just need to make sure your wires are connected right and your bulb is good. I replaced a bulb not long ago and i had to push the plug on and pull it off several times before I cleaned the contact enough for it to work... as far as your flasher goes... pick up another flasher relay, they are cheap and you know you have power going to the signal so.... I also just recently had a problem with the crimp on style wire connectors, if you are using these make sure you give your wires a good tug after they are crimped... with as much headache as these have cost me, I will never use another crimp on wire connector unless I physically cannot solder the connection. Good luck to ya sir..
Eturnit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
seldomseen65
spirit rider66

Location: pahrump, nevada, in the bowels of the Mojave desert
Re: Something is amiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65VOL View Post
Now that I'm clearing up my wiring to make sure I'm street legal with lights, signals, and the like. I'm digging into that and this is where I stand.

new headlight switch and dimmer switch, new taillight wiring from cab back. New taillight assemblies. For some reason my signals aren't flashing yet they will turn on. Brake lights light when I press the brake, but only on the driver side.

I installed a new turn signal switch and got a new flasher, but I'm thinking it may be faulty. Why else would I have light when I press the turn signal, but no flashing. It stays on.

I'm rewiring the connector on the passenger side turn signal, which I'm sure is the reason why its not lighting, but any clue as to why the passenger side taillight isn't lighting?
also check the bulbs and the ground make sure they are "real good", when the signals don't work like you mentioned sounds like you may have some burned out bulbs,or ground problems,they may not be making contact at the filament inside the bulb.

Last edited by seldomseen65; 05-21-2009 at 03:06 PM.
seldomseen65 is offline   Reply With Quote