The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-28-2010, 10:42 AM   #26
twillie2460

Re: 700r4 or T-56

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillie2460 View Post
Picked up my T-56 yesterday I am getting just a little excited about this next upgrade. I also got to play dress up today I will post a some pics soon of the progress so far. I sure like polished aluminum. I sure really was not thinking right, the guy that sold be the t-56 also had tubular controls are upper and lower right and left side with ball joints $200 a few hours later he told me if had made the over of 200 I could had the controls too but he had told me they where supposed to be taken the next day. I did not want to step on toes but later thought I should had stomp on this deal.
having a hard time finding where you upload pics can any tell me where to load pics of trucks progrees or do I have to use offsite storage and point url to that spot.
twillie2460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:00 AM   #27
-T-

Im also in the middle of a T56 swap behind my 6.0 FI, and I did have to cut my tunnel and get a high hump cover. It barely hits though, so I think that if you motor sits just a half inch or so lower that it will clear fine. I just went ahead and did mine instead of trying to lower the motor. I think though that the LT1 trans are slightly different from the LS1's so that may be the difference as well.

As for the pics, when you are in the "Reply to thread" screen, scroll to the bottom and you will see 'manage attachments', click on that and browse through your pics on the computer and attach them.

Good luck with your swap... im down to plumbing the hydraulics now and should have it wrapped up shortly...if i can help any, feel free to ask.

Last edited by -T-; 02-28-2010 at 11:01 AM.
-T- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:27 AM   #28
twillie2460

Quote:
Originally Posted by -T- View Post
Im also in the middle of a T56 swap behind my 6.0 FI, and I did have to cut my tunnel and get a high hump cover. It barely hits though, so I think that if you motor sits just a half inch or so lower that it will clear fine. I just went ahead and did mine instead of trying to lower the motor. I think though that the LT1 trans are slightly different from the LS1's so that may be the difference as well.

As for the pics, when you are in the "Reply to thread" screen, scroll to the bottom and you will see 'manage attachments', click on that and browse through your pics on the computer and attach them.

Good luck with your swap... im down to plumbing the hydraulics now and should have it wrapped up shortly...if i can help any, feel free to ask.
I still have to get all that as I have nothing but the trans so far. Plus converting from and auto really does mean everything so I am sure a question or tow may pop up.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #29
twillie2460

Ok I guess I was not showing enough detail when replying as now I see where I can do the pic thing.
So I will have one before dress up and one after some polished aluminum was put on and one of my T-56. I hope that now the weather well help and not be as stinking cold from this point foward.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:53 AM   #30
twillie2460

Quote:
Ok I guess I was not showing enough detail when replying as now I see where I can do the pic thing.
So I will have one before dress up and one after some polished aluminum was put on and one of my T-56. I hope that now the weather well help and not be as stinking cold from this point foward.
Well still having problems with this pic things as now it is giving me some error so back to the drwingboard and gettings these uploaded.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:34 AM   #31
twillie2460

Quote:
Picked up my T-56 yesterday I am getting just a little excited about this next upgrade. I also got to play dress up today I will post a some pics soon of the progress so far. I sure like polished aluminum. I sure really was not thinking right, the guy that sold be the t-56 also had tubular controls are upper and lower right and left side with ball joints $200 a few hours later he told me if had made the over of 200 I could had the controls too but he had told me they where supposed to be taken the next day. I did not want to step on toes but later thought I should had stomp on this deal.

Still having problems with the picture upload and since this thread is getting long I will now start a new thread just for question on getting the T-56 and everything elase converted fron auto to manual.
Attached Images

Last edited by twillie2460; 03-01-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:47 AM   #32
twillie2460

This past weekend I found a clutch pedal assembly from a old time salvage yard about 30 miles from where I live and did he have to old trucks and cars. Good place to keep in mind for future reference that is for sure. Assembly only cost me 20 bucks and with this and a thread I found on this site I think it gives me enough info to move foward with my
T-56 install. I have decided to just go ahead with all thw work I have to to at the same time. So it will take me a week to so to finsih painting the core support and get my shop ready for this tear down. I know this take my shop up for some time once I start it as I have lots to do. When I stat that I think I will try and start a new thread just for this project.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:26 PM   #33
Chevrolet4x4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by -T- View Post

I want to do this swap sometime.
Shane

1985 K10 Silverado Vortec 406 5 speed (in body shop)
"I been drivin' this '85 pickup truck Them buddies of mine call it a bucket of rust She's a little beat up but she still runs like the wind Yeah, kinda like me I been banged and bruisedBeen around the block a time or two But I'm runnin' like new goin' places I never been
No, I ain't broke I'm just broken in"
1963 Dodge Townwagon(its amazng what 30 years and zero miles will do to a vehicle )
Member#20327
Chevrolet4x4s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #34
twillie2460

I am going to post this question in both threads this one and taking two cabs to make one good one. Anyway I went to the parts store this morning to get a throwout bearing for the mid 90's T-56 trans and was told it was $182.00 or something like that anyway. I can buy the whole kit clutch, pressure platre and throwout bearing for $219.00. I am postive there are many throwout bearings that would work just fine and if I told them something other than mid 90's Camaro I can get the price of this bearing for fraction of what the what and it will still work just like a throwout bearning should.
So here is the question what bearing would I want to use as a I have a mid 90' Vortec motor and a mid 90's T-56 trans that cost me an arm and a leg? I would bet this has been done before and someone already knows what to get without getting ripped by the parts store again.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #35
let it loose

Hard to beat the .50 6th gear. I had one in my '94 Z28, it was a blast!!!!
let it loose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #36
twillie2460

Well no inputs as what other throwout bearing I can put in this thing. I refuse to accept that a throwout bearing is going to cost me 182 bucks, so anyone please give me your opinion of what toher options I have in this case.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #37
Custom 68

I did the swap but mine is also a gen 3 and the throwout bearing was only a few bucks. I am sure something is wrong. Maybe he is including the flywheel?
I would check elsewhere they are something that gets replaced so they wont be that much.
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"
Custom 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #38
twillie2460

I had him look it up twice and we looked at the picture AZ showed and it was just the throwout bearing. The whole setup disk, pressure plate and bearing was only 219. I am not sure what Gen my t-56 is and how could I tell for sure what it is. It does have a plate on it with some numbers but I really have not went as far to research that. I have heard a mid 90 Corvette would work and they are half the price I was quoted first. I am still on the hunt as I remember these things being just a few bucks myself and can believe I must pay a hundred bucks for them now. So if you know how to tell what gen it is please let me know.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #39
Custom 68

ok I may have jumped wrong.
I was thinking pilot bearing (what goes into the end of the crank for the end of the tranny shaft.) Mine is also hydraulic so I replaced the slave cylinder so that probably has what I needed in there. Anyway if yours is a manual clutch that may be why you need a different throw out bearing?
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"
Custom 68 is offline   Reply With Quote