The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
Christophr03

Project money eater upper

Well guys... after ready through most of these threads, here goes my own. I recently got a sixty stepside from a buddy for free. He could no longer keep it in his yard and I scored. It has already had the front cross swapped to I think a 67. Has springs but still drums. Also the hood has also been swapped to a 63 I believe. No more snorkel.

Well my plans for the truck is to bag it and maybe do a c- notch. Disk/disk conversion with power steering conversion as well. Also thinking of shaving drip rail and maybe tailgate area and door handles. Rust wise... not too bad. Cab floors and bottom of doors and front fenders need patching. Rockers and cab corners look good so far. We will see after stripping. Pics to come once I find my girlfriends camera.

Things will be slow. Seeing as how we just moved into a new place together, have our first baby due on the 28, and are engaged to be married in October. So we will see how I can juggle all of this. Looking forward to the teardown and build and your guys input.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Christophr03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #2
Christophr03

Re: Project money eater upper

Well for now I have some pictures from my cell phone. This is the way it was rolled off the trailer. Except the hood was resting in place.

Here is the right side door with rust on the lower front and a little into the rocker. Do you guys think this is fixable? Or should I opt for a new rocker?

Here is the left cab floor and then the right cab floor. Notice the lip is rusted away on the rocker on the right.

This is the best part. The PO before my buddy aquired this thing built these bad boys.

Does anyone even know if this cross member is original?
Well that's it for now. Now I need to get out there and start tearing it down. Later.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
Christophr03

Sorry guys. Can't exactly see the rusted rocker lip in those pictures. This is the best shot i got so far.

Also I'm sure my best bet would be a new fender on the left side...

Old 01-18-2011, 11:46 PM   #4
198plus

Welcome to the forum........Love you title it will eat up your money.
198plus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #5
Christophr03

Haha. Yeah I haven't spent anything on it yet. But have done alot researching. And yes, I already feel broke for the next few years.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #6
67swb72klb

looks like they boxed the frame & did the x member too i think it should be open c-channel good luck dont burn that plastic card up they smell
Old 01-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #7
Christophr03

That's what I was thinking. I have been looking for another sixty on here to see the frame but so far haven't had any luck. The way it looks though it seems like the whole front clip is factory boxed.
Posted via Mobile Device