The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
biasracing

Project "Sea Tin"

Well...she'll be called,"Sea Tin" til otherwise noted. I am kind of flexing this in from my welcome post, but I can go back a little bit if needed.

Man I appreciate all of the love fellahs and ladies if there were any ! Glad to join what definately appears to be an adult forum. Did a little more work on her today, looks like I will have to go through every wire... Wired up the internally reg'd alternator today. On the harness plug coming out of the regulator seems to be short a white wire... I think okay no biggie the conversion doesnt call for it. Well... How about the blue wire,thats supossed to be an extension on the brown wire hehe, no blue...brown's there though. As far as the harness comin out of the firewall, looking at a diagram there should be 8 no blue...brown's there though. As far as the harness comin out of the firewall, looking at a diagram there should be 8 wires, im right around 6 lol. The harness on the passenger side that plugs into the starter,coil, and temp sensor, when wires, im right around 6 lol. The harness on the passenger side that plugs into the starter,coil, and temp sensor, when hooked up per the diagram I have then a dash light stays on even with the key in the off position... But who said it would be easy hooked up per the diagram I have then a dash light stays on even with the key in the off position... But who said it would be hooked up per the diagram I have then a dash light stays on even with the key in the off position... But who said it would be easY
Posted via Mobile Device
biasracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
biasracing

Re: Project "Sea Tin"

Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #3
biasracing

Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #4
biasracing

Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #5
R.A.D
Account Suspended

man that wiring looks scary! why sea tin?
R.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:27 PM   #6
biasracing

Yeh it does look scary! The name is a double play on words "sea tin"-c10, but it is also a a teal "sea water" colored hunk of metal right now hah!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #7
LiLDrumKing3

My Wiring looks the same way. Hopefully here pretty soon I will redo the whole truck with an 18 circuit Painless wiring kit I have, but I've heard it's not very PAINLESS. Good luck on the wiring and maybe when you finish yours, you can come help me with mine

Check out my Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=410658
LiLDrumKing3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:57 PM   #8
biasracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLDrumKing3 View Post
My Wiring looks the same way. Hopefully here pretty soon I will redo the whole truck with an 18 circuit Painless wiring kit I have, but I've heard it's not very PAINLESS. Good luck on the wiring and maybe when you finish yours, you can come help me with mine
I will too ! Thats what i'm here for,to help and get helped.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-18-2011, 11:20 PM   #9
biasracing

Well, got the lights on ! Although it is unmatched, the outside light on the driverside and the inside light on the pass side. Also took her for her first drive today ! Phone dying...later!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-19-2011, 01:15 AM   #10
biasracing

Ok so, I went through the wring some more to my utter dismay it appears to be some "bush" For whatever reason the small harness on the passenger side that connects to the starter, and coil, and temp sensor "still" makes what ever the top right dash light is, stay on without the key even being in the car... I'm thinking whatever it goes to "the blue wire" maybe needs a switched ignition instead of constant power. We'll see tomorrow. I did get to take her on her first mini drive just around the shop. Pretty excited at least. I need to go through some diagrams and figure out the function of the wire that is currently mocking me. I'm going to make a cluster since nothing but the idiot lights appear to work...I'll order the gauges tomorrow and swing by the warehouse and pick up some relays to do the headlights...went through the brakes, they are cleaned out and functioning. I do have everything to do the split, I'll have to make a decision on rims before I do any disk brakes. I will say that even the 350 is not quite as peppy as id like although it is only a two barrel carb...the tranny seems to respond a tad slow.. I know there should be some mods to increase the pressure and give it some kick. she just feels lazy.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #11
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

Do you have a budget in mind? where do you want this to go? nice DD or just a shop truck?

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:35 AM   #12
biasracing

Overall? Nice DD, 5.3/t56 nice set of rallies,lowered I'm pondering bags, and nice coat of paint on her. Fresh interior, all of that. Budget...I dont want to think about it lol !
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-20-2011, 11:11 PM   #13
biasracing

None of my gauges work, of course the switches are all old and brittle. Im pondering seriously putting a bunch of new gadgets in. push button start, flat panel touch switches, just the geeky stuff I deal with, then another sude of me wants to just keep it original looking..... Hmmmmm
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #14
biasracing

Got the headlights re-wired and relayed, even re-wired the switch. Went and got her inspected, and registered and have been driving her a couple days to see how she does. I will need a new battery as the one in it has died. Oh, and I found the heater switch lol yay. It's not as hot as some guys say theres is on hear, but its warm, and this is Texas, so in a month or so, I womt need it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-18-2011, 08:35 AM   #15
biasracing

Sup fellahs, been a little busy which is a good thing. I got her all re-wired and I am getting ready to start working on the body. I went to primer her today, but they were all out. So I wound up glossing it. Didnt get it to lay quite like I wanted till, the end. I'll wet sand and shoot again tomorrow. and yes I did shoot it just to take it off again once the body work starts, but I needed some uniformity. sorry about the horrible pics
Attached Images

Kennedale,tx 76060

800-979-0263 shop
866-936-1242 fax
info@biasracing.com

Website
facebook
twitter "follow me"

Authorized Dealer:AUDIO
Ascendant Audio
Alpine
DB Drive
Audio Control
Macintosh and anything else in between.

RIMS:
Check out Pros Designs TNT MHT Godspeed Atlanta Direct and more !