The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-24-2019, 12:19 PM   #1
Janz99

No Limit Shock Relocation - Shock Selection Issue

Hi All,

I have the No Limit shock relocation kit installed and I'm looking to order a set of shocks for the front and rear. I'm seeing some conflicting information and hoped someone that has installed this kit can help out.

No Limit recommends a shock length of 21" open, 12" closed, and 17" at ride height for a 0-4" drop truck. When I measure the center to center of the mounting bolts at ride height I'm getting 20 5/8". The only thing not installed is the bed wood. I have a hard time seeing that the wood would compress the spring 3.5"? How much extension do these trucks need from ride height?

I also have 2" drop blocks installed, I don't see this as an issue but could this be causing some discrepancy? Is there any way to tell what springs the previous owner has used, my assumption was they were stock judging by ride height.

Truck is a 68 long box converted to short box, coil spring and drum brakes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Ryan
Janz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:36 AM   #2
Janz99

Re: No Limit Shock Relocation - Shock Selection Issue

I still haven't figured out where the discrepancy is with my setup. I ended up buying a set of CPP 2/4 drop springs. Once they arrive i'll install and measure to see where that brings my center to center distance. Hopefully its just a spring issue and this will get me in the range for a set of KYB shocks.

-Ryan
Janz99 is offline   Reply With Quote