The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-07-2014, 07:22 PM   #1
Possmguts

Lets talk re-pop parts...

When looking at body parts, what names should a guy be looking for in manufacturers?

Not sure I can say what site Im on... but they have Sherman and Goodmark parts... big price difference in same parts...

I dont want to buy the cheaper parts if they dont fit worth a crap but dont want to spend too much for parts that dont either..
fenders, wheel wells, and cab corners are on the list.

I can pick up the parts from where I'm looking and save shipping costs or I can pay shipping cost and pay way more and get parts from someone trusted with 67 c10 parts.

Where to go?

67 Short Bed under major construction
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=651356&page=8
Possmguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 10:48 PM   #2
67ctener

Re: Lets talk re-pop parts...

I'd highly advise oem parts whenever possible. Even if they need attention you may be much better off in the long run. I've used a lot of re pop parts now and I can say the tailgate is the only thing I was impressed with.
90 k2500
91 s10
#chevyonly
67ctener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 10:55 PM   #3
Nsanehotrodz

We sell/install mostly Tri-plus sheet metal. I have installed every piece of metal on these old trucks many times. The aftermarket parts have improved a lot over the years. With that being said these trucks were not built in 2015 and did not have the nice tight gaps and body lines that the new 2015 Silverado's have. The problem with most stores is they have no experience with installing any of the parts they sell. So they simply tell you the customer they have never had a problem with that part not fitting before and brush it off. If you have any questions give us a call at Nsane HotRodz and we will be happy to answer any questions you might have. We are offering 20% off this month on all of our sheet metal products to our fellow board members! DeWayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possmguts View Post
When looking at body parts, what names should a guy be looking for in manufacturers?

Not sure I can say what site Im on... but they have Sherman and Goodmark parts... big price difference in same parts...

I dont want to buy the cheaper parts if they dont fit worth a crap but dont want to spend too much for parts that dont either..
fenders, wheel wells, and cab corners are on the list.

I can pick up the parts from where I'm looking and save shipping costs or I can pay shipping cost and pay way more and get parts from someone trusted with 67 c10 parts.

Where to go?
Tennessee's #1 HotRod Shop!
Nsanehotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:05 PM   #4
Possmguts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsanehotrodz View Post
We sell/install mostly Tri-plus sheet metal. I have installed every piece of metal on these old trucks many times. The aftermarket parts have improved a lot over the years. With that being said these trucks were not built in 2015 and did not have the nice tight gaps and body lines that the new 2015 Silverado's have. The problem with most stores is they have no experience with installing any of the parts they sell. So they simply tell you the customer they have never had a problem with that part not fitting before and brush it off. If you have any questions give us a call at Nsane HotRodz and we will be happy to answer any questions you might have. We are offering 20% off this month on all of our sheet metal products to our fellow board members! DeWayne
Awesome, I think Ill order some parts from you and check ya out... is there a code i need to enter for an order for the discount?

67 Short Bed under major construction
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=651356&page=8
Possmguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:21 PM   #5
Nsanehotrodz

Yes sir, the coupon code is Christmas
Tennessee's #1 HotRod Shop!
Nsanehotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote