The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-30-2010, 03:47 PM   #1
WestWardWinds

First Build Ever - 69 Lwb Build

A little background on me until recently I never had any interest in trucks or cars at all I was looking on craigslist for a dependable inexpensive truck. So I found a truck that i liked the way it looked a lot. Well it was a 69 c10 and that was the beginning of it all.

So I finally found one in my expense range I drove up to Indianapolis to check it out I dont think it would of mattered how bad it was I would of bought it I was pretty excited just to check one out.

Specs: Its a 69 c10 lwb with a 350 power steering power brakes drove pretty decent originally had a camper in the back but was not a camper special. Originally a light blue with whit top previous owners had done some modifications they dropped it a bit and put power steering and brakes in. All in all not a bad deal.

Also came with ford mirrors that were only held on with 1 screw on each. Those are now gone.
Attached Images

Last edited by WestWardWinds; 10-30-2010 at 04:13 PM.
WestWardWinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #2
WestWardWinds

Re: First Build Ever - 69 Lwb Build

So I drove the truck home it had cherry glass packs and with no sound deadener as most of you know makes for a noisy ride. Well stopped by at my dads to have a look at it he knows alot about cars. Looked at the bed and with all the damage to the right side the truck had been rear ended pushing the bed into the cab leaveing a nice dent so between that and the rust on the bed floor we decided it would be best to get another bed eventually. The bench seat came out of a 89 chevy full size fits in there pretty good but Im not keeping it. They also did a botch job putting an "updated" stereo in which will have to be fixed as well.
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2010, 01:52 PM   #3
WestWardWinds

So I found a truck bed in southern Kentucky from a 71 that had no rust that a guy was selling. He had it at a great deal so I jumped on it no one was able to take a truck down to get it so i took the c10 i was a little nervous it leaking oil so i bought a few quarts for the trip. Well it drove fine the way down stopped put some oil in it picked up the bed and on the way home the engine locked up on me. So on the good side got a great bed bad side now I needed a motor.

Had a friend selling a 350 for pretty cheap heard it run. Sounded good loaded it up and got it home

Have not taken any real photos of the bed but you can see a bit of it in the last photo..
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #4
madmopar
This guy has got to be stopped

looks like fun... I'll follow along! Thats a good looking truck... sorry to hear about your engine problems. Good luck!

1970 4x4 LWB project: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415134
madmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:21 PM   #5
red69ss
Burnouts are therapeutic

I see a tilt steering column in the truck... looks like a good start to a truck, I think you did the right thing buying a new bed to bad it cost you an engine, but it was probaly going to go anyway. that dent in the cab is not going to be an easy fix but it's doable. good luck with your project it should be fun.
1972 PONTIAC LEMANS CONVERTIBLE (WIFE'S CAR)

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met." - Rodney Dangerfield

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Einstein
red69ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:09 PM   #6
WestWardWinds

Yea my uncle has a body guy thats going to look at it It will be a learning experience. The new bed is in incredible shape as soon as i get it down I will take some photos. Thanks for the comments guys.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #7
WestWardWinds

So I removed the front clip which took a little while. When I bought the bed the guy threw in a tailgate that was beat to hell and back but i took it any way.
Man seeing my car in my already small back yard really dwarfs it haha. So as you might tell space is limited. Now that I have the bed off I started sand the frame I will snap some shots of that next.
Attached Images