The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2020, 05:00 PM   #24
skyphix

Re: Dakota Digital HDX with the OBDII BIM module

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA_C10 View Post
I saw your original reply that I would have to add the wiring to the dash. I think because I rebuilt my own OEM harness, following LT1SWAP.com instructions, and used his wire maps on his website, I made sure I pinned that out and added the wire(if it wasn't already there). And maybe the 2003 6.0L PCM has the Oil sender provisions. However, this was a year ago so I may be a little hazy on the exact reference here, but doing my research, all these computers were usually the same blueprint with different tunes so I think with a change to PCM tune you can turn the oil sender feature on/off in all these models. Then if the harness didn't have the wire, you just add it.

Yeah, I was mistaken. 99-02 trucks I dont believe have provisions for oil pressure in the PCM but it can be added and enabled in the red/blue PCM's, but 03+ with the green/blue PCM's do. I am using an 06 PCM with a PSI harness in my swap, but I believe my engine has a pressure switch rather than sensor. I'm using a tablet + OBD2 reader for a dash, but the PID for Oil Pressure (22115c) with what I believe to be the right equation is only showing "0" or "1."

Your comment actually made me dig further into adding oil pressure to my tablet display, so thank you for following up!
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote