The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #76
65 old school

Re: It's just a work truck!

OOOps, OK, seams-seams-seams-seams-seams!. Sorry guy's, if you are reading this my spelling and grammer is horrible!. Be nice, I'm trying. I'm sorry.
65 old school is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #77
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Impressive as always. The new booster is a nice improvement.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #78
63MOUSE

just a couple of pictures of my dads truck that my brother and i helped my dad paint. this truck and my dad is where my brother and i get our inspiration to continue to try to do our best to keep these 60-66 chevy trucks rolling
Attached Images

63MOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:16 AM   #79
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Very nice truck
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #80
65 old school

One bedside down, one to go. This is a little trlr I had out back that I put the bed on to work and be able to move around. You can see the metal bed floor of my 73 doner truck that I used in the pic. I strapped the bed to the trlr and was able to move around myself.
My brother posted a few pics of dads truck that I mention from time to time. We finished dads 66 about two years ago now. After my 65, It's on to my bro's 63 to paint. He's been daily driving the truck around Phx for about 7 years now, It's time to paint it.
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #81
chad64chevy

do you have any other pictures of your dads truck? like the roll pan and bumper, i'm tryin to do the same thing on my truck and was wondering how to get the bracket on without cut big holes in the roll pan! and also did he have to lower the bumper so you can still read the license plate?
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:51 PM   #82
63MOUSE

This is a picture of my dad's and my brother's; both bumper brackets as well as mine not pictured all custom done to suit each trucks look. Yes, my dads was lowered to accommodate license plate.
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2012, 11:53 PM   #83
65 old school

The bumper brackets on all 3 of are trucks are made out of flat bar. Dads is 4"x 1/4, mine and bro's 2" x 1/4. Dad's only has the two center bolts bolted to the brackets, The outside holes just have bolts in them. Mine and bro's have 4 brackets each made to fit.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:55 AM   #84
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Nice to see the whole family involved in the same hobby!
Old 04-02-2012, 12:51 AM   #85
65 old school

Well, I guess I'm not a glass guy?. My bro and I tried to rope in my back glass today. It did'nt go well, tore the rubber and would'nt go in. So when the windshield comes in, I will pay a guy to install them both. I just thought we would try, It does'nt look that hard on youtube. Wanted to check glass installer off my bucket list . Oh well, I have plenty of other things on that list.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:10 AM   #86
XtechX

You would probably s**t if you seen how I put my back glass in. Probably not the best way, but it worked. I put the rubber seal on the glass as best as I could and pushed the glass and seal up onto the window weld opening and worked the seal in all the way around, going side to side with a screw driver! I did it without help too...lol. It took probably a hour and a half to do it, but it went pretty smooth. When the glass guy came to put my front windshield in, they put the rubber seal locker in for no additional charge.
I wasnt about to try and put the front one in by myself, theyre just a little too expensive to break and then have to buy a new one and THEN hire a real glass guy. But my rear window was a small one, and I see yours is a large one. I tried the rope thing too first, I couldnt get it to work or see how it could!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #87
XtechX

I should add that all I pryed was just the outside lip edge over the glass, not the whole seal....that would be barbaric... Sorry, sometimes I post stuff late at night and then the next day I realize that I didnt explain my self very well.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:13 PM   #88
65 old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtechX View Post
I should add that all I pryed was just the outside lip edge over the glass, not the whole seal....that would be barbaric... Sorry, sometimes I post stuff late at night and then the next day I realize that I didnt explain my self very well.
It doesn't matter what time of day it is for me, I write stuff "NOT WELL" that doesn't make sence, I'm sure. At least your window is in. Mine is on the bed in the spare bedroom again!.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #89
65 old school

These pics are the tare down of my 73 daily driver- doner truck. I had pland to use the whole chassy, but the 73 frame kicked up at the last 6" of the back of the 65 cab. I was going to section the back 6" of the cab so it would fit down over the frame , but a friend came up with a 69 GMC frame with leaf spring rear. So another change in the plans. We still used all the rest of the 73 parts. I wanted the rear leaf spring rear end, I think it would be more stable with a load?. because I still plan to put my little camper, and pull my trlr to the sand dunes a few times a year. Although I keep getting told that, no way thats going to happen now!. Time will tell!
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #90
65 old school

Here's the 69 GMC lwb leaf spring frame I picked up for $200 that I used. I think it was the right thing to do. I still think I could of channeled the bottom of the cab behind the seats, to set down over the hump in the 73 frame.
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #91
chad64chevy

got any pics of the rear bumper brackets on your dads truck?? i used a 70' frame on my truck and the steel floor! i wanted power steering and now i think i have done more fab work then it would have been to just get the bracket to mount it to the 64 frame! but that would have taking all the fun out of it and i wont have the steel floor!! how big are the cuts in the roll pan for the brackets?? sorry for so many question but its one of the mods ive been wanting to do to my truck for awhile!! and do you got any more pics of your dads truck? like the interior, engine bay!! both trucks look really sweet!!
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #92
65 old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
got any pics of the rear bumper brackets on your dads truck?? i used a 70' frame on my truck and the steel floor! i wanted power steering and now i think i have done more fab work then it would have been to just get the bracket to mount it to the 64 frame! but that would have taking all the fun out of it and i wont have the steel floor!! how big are the cuts in the roll pan for the brackets?? sorry for so many question but its one of the mods ive been wanting to do to my truck for awhile!! and do you got any more pics of your dads truck? like the interior, engine bay!! both trucks look really sweet!!
If you look at the pic of the back of my dads trk, you can see the holes in the roll pan were the steel plate bracket comes thru. It's about 1/2" wide, 4" long. On his he used 4" flat bar stock, made a 90 degree for bolt hole. I will see if my brother has more pic's to post. I asked him to also post pic's of his 63 swb that I talk about.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #93
63MOUSE

these are some more pics of my dads truck
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #94
63MOUSE

just a few pics of my truck, showing the bumper brackets made, interior,stance, and the difference between l.e.d. and stock front blinkers, not that impressive in the garage but when real dark real impressive. the next victim to get hit with bodywork and paint
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #95
63MOUSE

at my brothers today helping him work on his truck( yes on Easter )
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #96
65 old school

HEY, the Easter bunny was a day late to my house. Look what I found at my front door today!.
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #97
65 old school

Here's some pic's of the chassy going back together. I used the 73 front end and rear end bolted to the 69 frame. The front already has 3" spindles, the back had 3" shackles. I also moved the front leaf spring hangers up a few inches to lower the rear more. I added some helper air bags to hold the load of my camper and trlr when I need it. " IT'S STILL JUST A WORK TRUCK! " or it would have bags all the way around.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #98
65 old school

This is the 73 steel floor I used. I think it worked out well, it has some dents from all the years. It's going to get a few more I'm sure. The wood sure looks nice when done up, but don't put anything in it after it's finished. I'm going to put a Gaylords fiberglass lid on it like my dads and bro's to cover it up anyways.
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #99
65 old school

We had to go with a out side fuel door because of my camper. My dad & bro's tank were hand made out of aluminum, both fillers are in the floor. Mine is a 67-72 blazer. We used a door from a Ford Probe, YES I SAID FORD!, I don't know what year. I went to the you pull-it and looked around untill I found what I thought would work the best. Just happen to be a Ford. I liked the inside cable pull lever. Anyway here are a few shots of it, not much detail, this thread was a after thought. Had to modify the probe filler neck. Then bent up a sheet metal cover.
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #100
McMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65 old school View Post
We used a door from a Ford Probe, YES I SAID FORD!
Heh, funny you emphasized that, I have a few Ford parts going into my build. In my mind, it is whatever I think looks or works best for what I have in mind. And what is available.... and what I can afford... and........

Anyways, your build is looking really good and that fuel door turned out excellent!!
Keep up the good work, and keep up the pics !!

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote