The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #11
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: 71 Blazer "Finishing Touches"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70k52wd View Post
Yea the tinker around part is the fun part. What I do not like is calling, driving taking all the time invoved only to find junk. I'm just sayin
You know where to come for the good stuff....my garage

I do know exactly what you mean...most of the time deals like this are too good to be true.....was looking at a SWB stepside that the guy said on craigslist he wanted to get it off his friends land and was going to sell it "super cheap" emailed him to get his number, a few pictures and a price. Pictures were decent but could tell it was a newer paint job over rust (rockers gone, cab corners, front fender cups, etc..engine wasn't running due to "dead battery" he'd "try" to jump when I got there and the tranny wasn't shifting right.....but it was only the linkage of course....but he didn't have the time to fix it....

He "only" wanted 5000 for it. When I said I was looking at nicer running trucks for half that he said he wouldn't sell it for less than 4K....
maybe he had that much in it....but I'll take my blazer rather than a non-running rusty truck