The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
68_shortstep

1968 Shortbed Stepside

My names Kody, I'm from Blackwell, OK and when I was 14 I bought a 68 short step for $1500. I'm 19 now and haven't done much with it but it's time to start. So far ive replaced the rockers, got a new Carb, put in bucket seats, new headers and exhaust, new tires and a new steering wheel. It's originally a 6 cylinder 3 on the tree truck with manuel brakes, no a/c, a pretty basic truck. It has 305 in it now and the 3 on the tree. It sat for bout 8 months because the shifter on the column broke. I finally found one from an old man in town, put it in the other day and it's my daily driver for now. I have other old trucks and cars but this is by far my favorite there's just something bout these old trucks. My plans for it are to lower it 2 inches in the front and 4 in the back, a cowl hood, either 18 inch cragers or the classic 15 inch ss cragers, power front disc brakes, a 383 stroker under the hood and a Turbo 350 automatic, billet grille, new front bumper, haven't decided if I want a roll pan or rear bumper, and bohemium blue paint. Here's a couple pictures of it when I first got it. Let me know what you think.

Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
68_shortstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
Beersnob

Re: 1968 Shortbed Stepside

Looks like a nice start with lots of potential. You and I are looking to be in the same boat with out trucks. Good luck to you!
Beersnob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #3
Tinkermc

Re: 1968 Shortbed Stepside

nice place to start
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote