The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Interviews and Articles

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
ETsC10
Hand Crafted C-10

Our Staff: ETsC10's truck

Truck Info
• Manufacturer:
Chevrolet, Fremont plant
• Year: 1968
• Suspension type: LEAF!
• Front Brakes: 6 lug custom disc
• Modifications: Disc brakes, tilt column, internally regulated alternator, and custom radiator.
• Rear Brakes: Drum
• Steering: Power Steering (stock)
• Front differential type / Gears: N/A
• Rear differential type / Gears: 3.73 Posi (stock)

Body
• Color Scheme: Was medium blue poly, originally.
• Bodyman: N/A
• Modifications: 1971 bed (soon to be a ’68 wood bed again),
• Paint Type: Duplicolor hahaha! (called the 50’ rule).
• Painter:

Interior
• Color: Black
• Material: Cloth - stock custom package
• Upholsterer: N/A
• Wiring:
Under hood from an '85 suburban
• Steering wheel/Column: 1972 tilt, 1968 stock wheel
• Stereo/Speakers/Amps: Stock AM. When first hooked up, blew the speakers but it still lights up the radio and looks cool. .
• Air Conditioning: Old school windows and kick panel vents--- wear a mask every spring---otherwise work killer.
• Instrument Guages: Stock Gage package, rebuilt cluster.

Engine
• Cubic Inch: 327 large journal
• Manufacturer: Chevrolet
• Camshaft: RV-267
• Cylinder heads: 70cc
• Intake Manifold: Stock cast iron
• Ignition System: HEI upgrade
• Exhaust type: 2 ” Duel w/ H-pipe, Flowmaster 50 series
Carburetor: Edelbrock 750 cfm, Hot air choke.
Biography
• What is your name? Ellen
• Please share a few things about yourself.
Seattle born truck nut. Single (widowed). Love my trucks, gardening, retired artist specializing in murals.
• How long have you owned your truck? 18 years
• What made you decide to buy this truck? Leaf spring Posi C-10 and the option package. I remember the truck winking at me at the time Bought it at auction and it had just a few parts still left intact. Good buy anyway!.
• What do you enjoy about your truck the most? My truck goes every where with me…my best buddy! I never fail to enjoy driving it. Daily driver for the past 18 years.
• What has been the biggest obstacle you have faced in working on your project? How did you/do you handle it? Like most of us, money. I parted out trucks and threw used parts at it for over 10 years until a good job let me rebuild the engine and finish the upgrades. Some things, such as the custom radiator, were bartered in trade for ratrod graphics.
• What/who is you favorite/best part source? New specialty parts: Wes or Frank in Olympia, used: myself, hard parts: RockAuto.
• What are some things have helped your project to be a success? Automotive knowledge gained while stock car racing and my own truck addiction that led me to this board!

• What is the history behind your truck? Found at auction…only part of it remained at the time.
• What do you use your truck for? Daily driver ... used for everything!
• What is your favorite memory with your truck? Rebuilding it’s engine. Engine work is one of the things I find the most fun!
• What’s your favorite modification done to truck and why? Disc brakes and tilt column (I’m short).
• If you had one thing to do over on your truck, what would it be and why?
I would have been more conscious of the sealer on the rain gutters and taken better care of the wood bed.
• What are your future plans for your truck? Driving it forever...she's in my will so I'm good to go

• What words of advice do you have to people who are just starting out with their project? Safety and comfort first, bling last.
I did what I had to to make my truck driver at first. Scavenged parts to make it comfy, bought and installed anything related to safety and moved onto bling. My truck's body is last and that should be happening in the next couple years.

Road to success is to Love your truck!

Forum Guidelines and Rules
Buying and Selling Code of Conduct
Become a Board Supporter!
Truck FAQ

Ellen... the boards artsy-fartsy, eclectic, truck-lovin' gal-member...

Last edited by ETsC10; 03-20-2014 at 11:52 PM. Reason: updating
ETsC10 is offline   Reply With Quote