The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-24-2016, 10:48 PM   #1
sprint_9

Re: sprint_9's 72 C10 Project

Once we had the frame shorted we started mocking up my Eng/Trans. I wanted to get all of the frame work, or all that we could think of done before paint. I decided to use engine mounts out of the 73-87 trucks, C20 specifically, they proved much harder to find than I thought they would. It was worth it though they fit great and were only $30. Using an aftermarket Trans cross member, not sure on the brand (ECE I think), bought it used a few years back. Headers were from Speed Engineering, I must say for the price I am very impressed with them.

After we had the power train installed we set the cab on to check clearances, and everything looked good. Never got a pic of that though.

sprint_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 01:38 AM   #2
SierraMtns

Re: sprint_9's 72 C10 Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint_9 View Post
Once we had the frame shorted we started mocking up my Eng/Trans. I wanted to get all of the frame work, or all that we could think of done before paint. I decided to use engine mounts out of the 73-87 trucks, C20 specifically, they proved much harder to find than I thought they would. It was worth it though they fit great and were only $30. Using an aftermarket Trans cross member, not sure on the brand (ECE I think), bought it used a few years back. Headers were from Speed Engineering, I must say for the price I am very impressed with them.

After we had the power train installed we set the cab on to check clearances, and everything looked good. Never got a pic of that though.

Sweet build. Do you like the 73-87 motor mounts. I want to switch out to those just because they are so much easier to unbolt the engine. The stock 67 ones are just a pain.
SierraMtns is offline   Reply With Quote