The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-14-2019, 12:17 PM   #1
raggedjim

Blazer at 2019 SETN show

Not mine, I wish! Guy who had it was a great guy, I think it was for sale.
Attached Images

'68 Short step - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=849675
'69 ('70?) 2wd Blazer
'70 GMC Jimmy 2wd
raggedjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 12:20 PM   #2
Getter-Done

Re: Blazer at 2019 SETN show

Nice

63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 02:49 PM   #3
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Has a resemblance to the batmobile.

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 03:45 PM   #4
raggedjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Has a resemblance to the batmobile.
I can see it with the black and red, but the fit and finish beats the old batmobile into a corner!

'68 Short step - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=849675
'69 ('70?) 2wd Blazer
'70 GMC Jimmy 2wd
raggedjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:50 AM   #5
Thealien

That Blazer is being sold by Smokey Mountain Traders. All high tech LS engine, 4L60, Baer brakes. It was originally listed for $119,995 and is now $99,995. I ha vs been negotiating for months but we are too far apart I have offered $75,000 and they countered with $92,000? It has been for sale for quite some time. I have been the high bidder on eBay every time.

Floors, doors, quarters, and fenders have all been replaced with aftermarket reproduction parts. I don't have a problem with that as long as it is all done correctly!

Would love to see if in person!
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:12 AM   #6
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thealien View Post
That Blazer is being sold by Smokey Mountain Traders. All high tech LS engine, 4L60, Baer brakes. It was originally listed for $119,995 and is now $99,995. I ha vs been negotiating for months but we are too far apart I have offered $75,000 and they countered with $92,000? It has been for sale for quite some time. I have been the high bidder on eBay every time.

Floors, doors, quarters, and fenders have all been replaced with aftermarket reproduction parts. I don't have a problem with that as long as it is all done correctly!

Would love to see if in person!
I find this interesting. You have been high bidder on ebay, and you have offered a high of 75K for this Blazer, but have yet to see it in person.

I once bought a collector car across country for a little over 10K. I was first up on his asking price, but I said I had to see it first. I flew from west coast to east coast to check it out. The small amount of money spent made it worth the trip to make sure it was everything I thought it was before pulling the actual trigger.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 01:13 PM   #7
Thealien

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
I find this interesting. You have been high bidder on ebay, and you have offered a high of 75K for this Blazer, but have yet to see it in person.

I once bought a collector car across country for a little over 10K. I was first up on his asking price, but I said I had to see it first. I flew from west coast to east coast to check it out. The small amount of money spent made it worth the trip to make sure it was everything I thought it was before pulling the actual trigger.
If I won the auction i would pay a $500 deposit and either fly or drive (or have someone inspect) before releasing any additional funds. I would rather risk $500-1000 than the whole amount. If I traveled to every vehicle i considered before winning the auction i wouldn't have any money left over to purchase anything. If you go to their website and look at the pictures and descriptions it is a lot of blazer if I could buy it for $75,000

I have had a WTB add here for quite some time looking for a 2 wheel drive blazer! Know of any?
Old 07-15-2019, 03:11 PM   #8
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
If I won the auction i would pay a $500 deposit and either fly or drive (or have someone inspect) before releasing any additional funds. I would rather risk $500-1000 than the whole amount. If I traveled to every vehicle i considered before winning the auction i wouldn't have any money left over to purchase anything. If you go to their website and look at the pictures and descriptions it is a lot of blazer if I could buy it for $75,000

I have had a WTB add here for quite some time looking for a 2 wheel drive blazer! Know of any?
Ok, that makes sense ... Thanks for the explanation. I know of no Blazers at all for sale around here.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:02 PM   #9
Blazerowner

It’s a pretty nice blazer. I think 75k isn’t too far off if all done right. I’m thinking full body off restore all new. People pay that for new Tahoe’s and look what happens to the value.
Blazerowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:59 AM   #10
jamie72

I know the guy hes from ky, great guy, i bought a bunch of extra parts from him after he done this build, pretty much gave them to me. any serious interest i can give contact info.

member #807

http://www.myspace.com/whitetailobsession
www.antlertalk.com
jamie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:54 PM   #11
rsavage

Smoky Mountain Traders is in Tennessee. If you are on the East Coast as your info indicates, it would make sense to either fly down or drive down to look at it in person and negotiate in person. Cash via wire transfer on the same day can make a big difference- you know the old bird in hand saying.
The problem, in my opinion, of being a high bidder and buying it on ebay, then going to see it and then backing out, only screws the seller. Seller fees ,having to relist it, people then thinking there might be something wrong with it even if it just wasn,t what you envisioned etc. For a high dollar car or truck, I believe a prospective buyer should look at it in person or hire a professional to look at it.
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:25 AM   #12
Thealien

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsavage View Post
Smoky Mountain Traders is in Tennessee. If you are on the East Coast as your info indicates, it would make sense to either fly down or drive down to look at it in person and negotiate in person. Cash via wire transfer on the same day can make a big difference- you know the old bird in hand saying.
The problem, in my opinion, of being a high bidder and buying it on ebay, then going to see it and then backing out, only screws the seller. Seller fees ,having to relist it, people then thinking there might be something wrong with it even if it just wasn,t what you envisioned etc. For a high dollar car or truck, I believe a prospective buyer should look at it in person or hire a professional to look at it.
@rsavage

I have been in lengthy discussions with Smokey Mountain Traders. $75,000 is not even close to his reserve!! I am not going to spend $1000 in travel expenses to go look at a vehicle that we are too far apart on! It has been relisted numerous times due to RESERVE NOT MET. I do not think your concerns have merit in this case!

I have paid appraisers to go look at vehicles and driven to Ohio to look at one (along with numerous vehicles within a couple of hours). In both cases the sellers misrepresented their vehicles and I have the pictures to prove it. What about my wasted time and expenses?
Old 07-24-2019, 12:17 PM   #13
Blazerowner

Wow.

Quote:
@rsavage

I have been in lengthy discussions with Smokey Mountain Traders. $75,000 is not even close to his reserve!! I am not going to spend $1000 in travel expenses to go look at a vehicle that we are too far apart on! It has been relisted numerous times due to RESERVE NOT MET. I do not think your concerns have merit in this case!

I have paid appraisers to go look at vehicles and driven to Ohio to look at one (along with numerous vehicles within a couple of hours). In both cases the sellers misrepresented their vehicles and I have the pictures to prove it. What about my wasted time and expenses?
Blazerowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 12:33 PM   #14
Thealien

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie72 View Post
I know the guy hes from ky, great guy, i bought a bunch of extra parts from him after he done this build, pretty much gave them to me. any serious interest i can give contact info.
@jamie72

I sent you a PM could you put me in contact with the owner please?
Old 07-25-2019, 06:58 PM   #15
jamie72

pm sent

member #807

http://www.myspace.com/whitetailobsession
www.antlertalk.com
jamie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:52 PM   #16
stangtjk

Quote:
@rsavage

Might not be so far off now. "Buy it now" price on eBay has dropped to $84k.
stangtjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:01 AM   #17
Thealien

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangtjk View Post
Might not be so far off now. "Buy it now" price on eBay has dropped to $84k.
And at that price eBay and Smokey mountain gets a cut. He says he will accept my offer.

We are in negotiations right now. I just need a few answers but I am 90% sure I am going to buy it.

I am disabled and cant do much of any work to a vehicle anymore. I live in MA with strict vehicle inspections. The Blazer has no seat belts (he is going to check his pictures to see if the mounting points are still there under the rug). If they are not it would be difficult to install due to the torque/rocker boxes (not impossible) and finding a full set of Blazer belts nice enough for this Blazer in red or black would be very difficult. I could just get some after market belts for the inspection (probably what I would do).

The Bedsides are new aftermarket and have not been drilled for the hard top. I will most likely only have the top on during winter storage anyway but I am concerned how it would survive shipping 1000 miles only bolted at the windshield and the rear brackets. Is it going to move enough to damage the top of the bedsides? Maybe I can have him place a rubber strip on the top of the bedsides before installing top for shipping?

I was talking to him last night, I should know for sure soon! I'll post either way.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:36 PM   #18
rsavage

The driver's side outside seat belt mount hole is on the floor near the threshold plate at rear of seat. The passenger side is on the top of the step up on the floor. The inner front belts seat belt bolts are in the front of the step up section. Rear seat belts bolt to the seat brackets for seats that had four legs. For those seats that came with only two rear legs, there are threaded holes in the floor for the inner legs that can be used for the inside L and R belts. There are several vendors that make up new OE type belts in like 30 colors. Much better using new belts as opposed to 50 year old belts and latches. Good luck with the negotiations. It is a beautiful truck.
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:57 PM   #19
notsolo

If it comes with a single wall top, you can get some spring clamps to hold it for the ride. Double wall would need big strap over and under and padding.
notsolo is offline   Reply With Quote