The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-23-2019, 05:31 PM   #1
siggyfreud

Anyone running Hydroboost here?

Have a question for you if you are. Just went through the painstaking process of bleeding the system of air. At first, the whole system groaned at wheel turn, and especially brake press. I did hours of the engine off, turning wheel side to side, pumping brakes a few times, refilling, and repeating. I did this probably 30 times, as one video recommended.

I think I have the air out of the system. The challenge is that I have no wheels or tires atm, so I can't really drive it to see how brakes feel. I do notice the pedal travel feels much shorter, and it almost feels like there are two "steps" towards the end of brake travel. When I hit the first step I hear a slight groaning in the system, kind of like when you hit lock with the steering wheel. Is this normal?

Here is a video I took demonstrating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NrNhr-8NHs
siggyfreud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 02:00 AM   #2
Aus69c20

Re: Anyone running Hydroboost here?

I’ve got hydroboost on my 69 and it is quiet. It also bled a bit easier than what you went through. Have you got bubbles showing in your reservoir?
After the engine off process I went through it again with the engine running and with the engine off I also moved the steering by hand from side to side via the wheel and tyre. Apparently it moves fluid through the system differently to using the steering wheel.
Good luck

69 c20, 396, th400, dana60, ps, ac

Last edited by Aus69c20; 08-24-2019 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Add information
Aus69c20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 02:58 AM   #3
siggyfreud

Re: Anyone running Hydroboost here?

I'll just continue to bleed and see how that goes. I hadn't gotten any bubbles in the last 3-4 cycles, so I thought I might be good. This has been a PITA to bleed it feels like.
siggyfreud is offline   Reply With Quote