The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #1
1974ChevyC10
Overworked and Underlaid

Project Ol Red-1978 Chevy C10 1/2 ton

Ok this is the official start of my build thread.ive never done one of these before so im really excited.this is the first truck ive owned that i think is actually worth taking pictures of so i will hopefully be able to get lots of them.my wife who has like 5 cameras as it is and one of them is recently bought camera thats really nice so tonite she decided to give me 2 of her old ones.they just needed batteries.so tomorrow when i go to pick it up ill be sure to take lots of pics provided one of the two or both camera's work.

i bought the truck 3 days ago(03/04/2010)after seeing a craigslist ad for it.previous owner had parked it a month ago when it failed emissions and he he decided to start a V-8 project truck has a 250 I-6 and a 3 speed on the tree manual.previous owner got tired of the conversion and decided it was going to cost him too much money so he put it up for sale.so i buy it for 700 dollars after meeting with the previous owner.take keys and title go over to express dmv a 3rd party office who will title register and plate a vehicle for a small fee so you dont have to go to the actual dmv.im picking it up tomorrow either with my dad's help or with the help of a friend and im going to take alot of pics probably to the point of being annoying but what can i say im excited.ill add the pics i have from the craigslist ad so ya'all at least have an idea of the starting point of the truck.here goes the pics and ill post more on my plans for it later.
Attached Images

The Beast-1978 C10 LWB

Red-1978 C10 LWB

(Uncle Mike)Michael Henry Millett 11/5/1957 to 03/08/2012
Gone but will never be forgotten-RIP

(Uncle Chuck)Charles Manning Gulbronsen Sr 1956-2012
Taken from us to soon but you will live on in our hearts-RIP
1974ChevyC10 is offline   Reply With Quote