The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-12-2018, 10:44 AM   #1
tdangle

What to do with extra parts

I’m starting to collect a few old body parts from my truck. Not really sure their are worth anything and I don’t want to mess with shipping. Suggestions?

1970 Custom Camper/C20 , GM Crate 350/7004R, Dana 60, factory AC
tdangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:05 AM   #2
sick472

Re: What to do with extra parts

I bought a pretty beat up project once for $850. By the time I sold the left over sheet metal, the 6 cylinder stuff, and the good, but not good enough interior pieces, I had almost doubled my original purchase and don't recall shipping much and certainly not anything large. It did take a few years to sell it off. Craig$list is a good place to determine what others think the parts will sell for.

Things like grills, bumpers, mirrors, etc. look real cool just hanging on the wall. If you have a tailgate, they can be made into a ratrod bench for sitting in or a fold up shelf.

Then there is always the "Free to a good home" adds.

Just don't throw them away, there is almost always a person nearby that needs that helping hand with the cost of their project and will travel a ways to save money they don't have. OR donate them to someone that sell parts to supplement their living.

Some of the ratty old parts from the above mentioned project were in bad shape and I was not going to put the time and effort into them, but for $10 someone would come get it and spend ridiculous amounts of time making it work for them. I remember having more time than money and 10$ finds were great. It was not really the $10 that I made, but the knowing that the parts would have a chance to live on.

I can get sentimental about old car parts!

1972 C10
1976 C10 (parts truck)
1985 K20
sick472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:54 PM   #3
toolboxchev

Re: What to do with extra parts

Don't throw them out! Someone, somewhere will want them. I have known to travel a good distance for stuff I know I will need when I do my build.

What have ye?
toolboxchev is offline   Reply With Quote