The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-17-2018, 03:36 PM   #1
NYC10

Whats up, New Member from Long Island, New York.

Whats up guys, ive been reading the posts on here for about a year. I finally decided to Join. Im currently Building a 1966 C10. I purchased from a coworker who gutted the whole truck, left shell sitting on frame. My current experience in building is 0. This is my first ever build, i dont have a machanical background either. Now that i think about it, getting this truck was probably a bad idea. Or ill be the guy that gets half way on a build and sells it.

My Occupation is Welding, use to welding thick steel so when i started the patch work on the truck i blew so many holes out this thin steel. I got most of the rust out on the floors still got to plug some holes on the outside of cab. Im pretty far along as of this post. Trying my best to figure it all out and get it together and whatever i cant handle i work my ass off to save enough $ to have a shop help. And hopefully get some knowledge from members and Locals in Long Island area. Thanks for reading my long post guys. Ill post the progress soon..
Attached Images

NYC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:33 AM   #2
68Gold/white

Re: Whats up, New Member from Long Island, New York.

I'm NOT a welder, but have same thin metal welding ordeals...have been told it is a touchy slow process, I am learning also. LOL, let me know when you get it figured out!!!
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote