The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-18-2018, 11:58 AM   #1
phat69

87 underdash wiring help

I'm restoring 87 blazer that I did not take apart. It was completly stripped for paint. I could use some pics of the locations for the switches, modules and relays. We put in a Dakota Digital dash so that part is covered, also it has a LS3 wth a terminator ecm.
phat69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:29 PM   #2
blindbug

Re: 87 underdash wiring help

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat69 View Post
I'm restoring 87 blazer that I did not take apart. It was completly stripped for paint. I could use some pics of the locations for the switches, modules and relays. We put in a Dakota Digital dash so that part is covered, also it has a LS3 wth a terminator ecm.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=545416

Download the Service Manual and they have some very good diagrams showing where the wires go from and to, along with the switch placement and other things. For my 1986 Service Manual, it starts on Page 1250 of the manual and is titled 'Cab Electrical'. I can't download the 1987 Service Manual, but I would figure it would be similar, if not more detailed.

Attached is an image from the 1986 manual which details the wiring layout from a cut-away view behind the dash for all of the wires. Everything is labeled and everything is routed according to factory specifications.
Attached Images

blindbug is offline   Reply With Quote