The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-19-2019, 07:21 PM   #1
Junkman-2008

Junkman's "Wet Sanding a Minor Scratch on a Lamborghini Murcielago"

This is a somewhat quick video showing me removing scratches from a Lamborghini Murcielago. Oddly enough, these cars have some of the same orange peel issues that your normal economy cars have. However, the clear coat does appear to be a much better quality than the norm. This is one of two Lamborghini's that I worked on this weekend.

Things to note:

The compound and polish that I used in this video is NOT mandatory. They are the products that the person who owned the car had. He flew me down to Florida to show him how to use the products and equipment that he had purchased, using his cars as the test subject. I could have used a number of other compounds and polishes and got the same exact results. The LAST thing you should do is get into the mindset that there is only ONE brand of polishes or compounds that will get the job done. What you SHOULD take away from this video is that my TECHNIQUE of working on paint is what enables me to have the kind of success that I have when working on paint.

A lot of you guys who are serious about working on your paint probably have exactly what you need already in your garage to do exactly what I do. However, if you don't have a thorough understanding of how paint correction works, you have a lousy buffing technique or you don't have the patience to do this type of work, then your success will very from somewhat to total failure. So if you decide to skip through my videos instead of LISTENING TO EVERY WORD THAT I SAY, chances are that you are going to miss that ONE piece of information that will make or break your attempt to do this kind of work. I make this look like child's play, but then I've been around paint for over 40 years. You tend to get halfway decent at something after that long if you have an excellent teacher. That teacher for me was my father, who was painting cars before I was even born. I'm 56 years old.

So pay attention to what I SAY and DO. They are equally important!

Last edited by Junkman-2008; 06-19-2019 at 07:30 PM.
Junkman-2008 is offline   Reply With Quote