The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #26
captkell

Re: 1966 Camper Special Build

I did get the Alt on and will have the engine buttoned up soon with pics. I have taken out the passenger side floor pan and will get the drivers side out and have both of those replaced soon with pics of course. I am thinking of using a undercoating on the frame instead of the most often used powder coatings. Does anyone see a problem with this? Any suggestions would be most welcomed.
captkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #27
captkell

I did get the Alt on and will have the engine buttoned up soon with pics. I have taken out the passenger side floor pan and will get the drivers side out and have both of those replaced soon with pics of course. I am thinking of using a undercoating on the frame instead of the most often used powder coatings. Does anyone see a problem with this? Any suggestions would be most welcomed.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #28
McMurphy

I have read a lot of these builds, and seen people do some awesome stuff with bedliner/under coating but I dont think I have seen anyone do a frame in it yet...
You may be off into uncharted waters with this idea.

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #29
captkell

OK SO I have been away for a bit but for good reason, Welcome the newest member to the family, BJ. BJ is a 59 3200.
The Valve covers for the other project will be here tomorrow I hope. I think Summit had to make these due to the time it took them to get them out the door....Since BJ has a 6 in her I'm thinking some form of 8 would bring her up to speed. Not decided yet to put the current one in or order a trun key crate. Hmmm the choices.
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #30
captkell

Just about ready to go rent the sand blaster and walnut the frame and soda the body. Waiting for some free time so I can get to that then get the front clip painted and back together, Then some new hoses and I'll be ready to put the motor back in. Then the floor pans and drivers rocker, and offf to paint. I know there is more than that, I must be leaving something out.
Attached Images

Old 10-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #31
captkell

Nothing but rain here so I have not been able to do much. I am going to put up a small shelter so that I can get some work done. The 1959 didn't last long a friend of mine wanted it so I traded for his Harley a FLHTC ELECTRA GLD. Now my wife says I have to increase my life insurance policy but if I leave enough toys behind then it should all be good Right?