The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-29-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
planewhisperer
U.S. Army Green Beret Sniper

Little Georgia and my son Aaron

Truck Info
Manufacturer: Chevrolet
Year: 1972
Suspension type: 1/2 Ton
Front Brakes: Disk
Modifications: 454292 Cam, Holley 600CFM, Eldebrock Aluminum Intake, Wheels and Tires.
Rear Brakes: Drums
Steering: Power
Front differential type / Gears:
Rear differential type / Gears:

Body
Color Scheme: Huggin Orange by Eastwood
Bodyman: Harvey and Aaron Johnson
Modifications: Urethane black metallic strips on hood by JetGlo paint.
Paint Type: Urethane
Painter: Harvey and Aaron Johnson

Interior
Color: Black
Material: Viynl
Upholsterer: Harvey and Aaron Johnson
Wiring: All original
Modifications: All original
Steering wheel/Column: Steering wheel out of 88 Silverado
Stereo/Speakers/Amps: Not completed yet
Air Conditioning: 2 55 series AC
Instrument Gauges: All original

Engine
Cubic Inch: 350
Manufacturer: Chevrolet
Camshaft: 454292
Cylinder heads: 375 double humps
Valve Covers: Aluminum Highs
Intake Manifold: Eldebrock
Ignition System: HEI
Exhaust type: Headers
Carburetor or Fuel Injection: Holley 600CFM Electric Choke

Transmission
Automatic / Standard: Auto
Torque Converter: Stock
Modifications:
Shifter type:
Drive Shaft:

Biography
What is your name? Harvey and Aaron Johnson

Im Harvey and my son is Aaron who is 17 years old. I am a retired U.S. Army Green Beret. My wife is a school teacher and one daughter who is in college. We have a Estrella Mountain dog as our youngest child at home. Her name is Abigail she is about 5 years old.
How long have you owned your truck? 1 1/2 years
What made you decide to buy this truck? What! this is the only truck. Past memories from my younger years and my father.
How do you store your truck, at home, garage, outside etc? We store Little Georgia (that is the trucks name) in our shop.
What do you enjoy about your truck the most? The great memories from the past and making some now with my son.
Who or what was your biggest influence in building your truck? My uncle Ray who taught me how to paint automobiles and my uncle Jessie who influenced me about turning wrenches.
What has been the biggest obstacle you have faced in working on your project? The installation of the new panels.
How did you/do you handle it? I let my son Aaron weld them in He was better at than myself.
What/who is you favorite/best part source? Now days its the internet of course, but the most is by the word of mouth.
What is the history behind your truck? Two owner truck when we got it from Georgia (thats why we call it Little Georgia) the truck had never been repainted before. When we first drove Little Georgia you could let go of the wheel and she would just hum on down the road....
What do you use your truck for? (hauling, cruising, daily driver,shows, drag racing, work truck, mudding etc): It is my sons daily driver
What are your future plans for your truck? Its my sons truck, he help pay for everything we done. We split it right down the middle. All I asked him that if he every thought about selling it I wanted to buy it to keep it in the family.
What words of advice do you have to people who are just starting out with their project? Pride and Paitence...........When your doing something you love you will respect and remember every moment of it. You cannot replace GREAT MEMORIES. My son and I have done everything on this truck ourselves. Paint, motor, drivetrain, interior.....Thats what we like WE DID THE WORK>>>>>>>>>>>>TOGETHER
planewhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote