The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > LSx Classifieds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-24-2019, 05:10 PM   #1
MidLifer

In-cab tank fuel pump rig

I just removed the in-cab tank from my truck and put a Boyd's tank in the back. Truth be told I got sick of the fuel pump sound in the cab. But for anyone out there who might want to keep their in-cab tank, I'll pass on this rig, which will drop right in and works like a charm. It will draw until the tank is pert-in-ear empty.

The pump is a Walbro GSS340 - I used it for about 2000 miles, it's about a year old.

I'll sell either the whole rig or just the pump for $25 + ride.

I had to shrink the picture pretty small to get under 100KB, so if you want a better picture PM me an email address.
Attached Images

MidLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 01:44 AM   #2
rennat_2006

Re: In-cab tank fuel pump rig

Not 100% sure i will stick with the in cab tank but just in case i do or end up swapping the ls in sooner than expected i will take this. Can you tell me how much to ship to 99336
2006 2500hd- 500hp duramax/built allison trans,traction bars, and some other goodies.
rennat_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:58 AM   #3
MidLifer

Wow, must be the distance. The cheapest shipping was actually USPS Priority Mail at 19.50. The package only weighs 3 lb. UPS and Fedex were both more.

I understand if that tips the equation away from you wanting to buy this.

If you do still want it do you want me to remove the -AN connectors? I'll still include them in the package but don't know if you plan on using -AN lines and I have the tools to remove them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennat_2006 View Post
Not 100% sure i will stick with the in cab tank but just in case i do or end up swapping the ls in sooner than expected i will take this. Can you tell me how much to ship to 99336
Old 03-25-2019, 08:55 AM   #4
rennat_2006

You can leave them in there.
Shoot me your paypal info
2006 2500hd- 500hp duramax/built allison trans,traction bars, and some other goodies.
rennat_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:50 AM   #5
MidLifer

PM sent with paypal address. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennat_2006 View Post
You can leave them in there.
Shoot me your paypal info
Old 03-25-2019, 01:57 PM   #6
Tork?

Wish I logged in last night to see this! I’ll be in line if it falls thru. For reference could you please share a pic of the baseplate and how you ran the pump harness through?
Tork? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 02:35 PM   #7
MidLifer

This picture hopefully helps you, Tork. I used a small rubber grommet, I drilled a 1/4" hole and ran the wires through it, then as you can see I gunked it up with RTV. I did that later on with the seat installed which is why it's such a mess. I was getting a gas smell in the cab, and didn't realize it was because I did not use PTFE AN hose. That was really what pushed me over the edge to move the tank out of the cab. The ethanol gas vapor goes right through rubber hose. Rookie mistake (even after 8 years of tinkering with this truck!).

For the return line I drilled through the dimple in the baseplate and brazed the line to it. The flexible line attached to the end of the return line was just a hack to make it easier to get the whole assembly through the hole in the tank. First you feed the float, then the fuel pump while holding that rubber hose to the side, then you stick the hose in and wah-lah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork? View Post
Wish I logged in last night to see this! I’ll be in line if it falls thru. For reference could you please share a pic of the baseplate and how you ran the pump harness through?
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2019, 01:42 PM   #8
Tork?

Thanks for posting
Tork? is offline   Reply With Quote