The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Canine Diabetes

Just got a call and found out my baby has Diabetes.I'll admit to being pretty upset and worried.I've found some info but not anything "real world" about dealing with it.I was just wondering if anyone has any insight or tips for me.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
cdowns

Re: Canine Diabetes

from the little i know from a friend it's just like for people a constant management on a daily basis// she had to give her dog shot 2x a day she had that dog for a long time b4 he died of old age

a strict special diet applied too
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY

Last edited by cdowns; 03-09-2011 at 03:40 PM.
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
Z16

Our dog had diabetes. I actually wish we had put him down rather then give him those shots for the last six months of his life that he hated. Unfortunately, the vet didn't catch it right away, and wasn't good at managing it. There are many dogs out there that do live a very long life with diabetes. The biggest thing I know is to have a vet that is 100% on the ball. You will spend a lot of time there.

I did a ton of research on this subject, and know some money saving ideas on buying needles and insulin. And I can tell you what it is like to live with a diabetic dog. Please feel free to PM me and I will tell you everything I know.
98 GMC Sierra Ex Cab, cowl hood, Euro LED lights, 30 bar billet, Whipple Supercharged 350 Vortec: Forged flattops, E-Tec aluminum heads, Comp Cam, Scat crank and rods, Granatelli Mass air flow, Headers, Flowmaster exhaust , Complete MSD Ignition, Custom Tuning, intake spacer , ported throttle body, AC Delco port injection upgrade, Roller Rockers, Power Pulleys. Gear Vendors Overdrive. Soon to hit a dyno. 2/4 drop(for now).

95 Chevy S-10 Ex Cab 4.3 5 Speed 2/3 drop, Euro lights, billet grill, More to come. The Daily Driver

Last edited by Z16; 03-09-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Z16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:39 PM   #4
pritch

We recently lost our beloved Springer to diabetes. It's a battle, but they do respond with insulin shots. But Gracie wouldn't have any of it. She would fight and bite and just plain old refuse to cooperate. We finally had to have her put down.

My wife has diabetes, been on the spike for 48 years now, since she was 3. She was the one that first recognized that Gracie had it. It may have been easier if we didn't know about any of this. I mean, dogs ain't dumb, and sometimes Kim fights and bites and plain old refuses to cooperate too. I think Gracie thought that behavior was OK.

Good luck. My heart goes out to you guys.
Ol' Green
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:57 AM   #5
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdowns View Post
from the little i know from a friend it's just like for people a constant management on a daily basis// she had to give her dog shot 2x a day she had that dog for a long time b4 he died of old age

a strict special diet applied too
My sister-in-law had a cat and the same thing applied. He lived a LONG time...but had a special diet and shots.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote