The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #51
willy3486

Re: Barnfind 1970 c10

Someone stole my wheels!!. Just kidding I took them off to clean up and repaint. They had a lot of surface rust so I wire brushed and hand sanded them. I primered and repainted them yesterday. I had five wheels and tires in a Dodge neon. I couldn't even have room for a fly to pass gas in my car. I had two in the trunk and the other three in the back seat. I am just glad I can fold the seat down. Here is the truck up in the air. I had five jacks total and two blocks with wood on top of them supporting the rear end.

We went and got some tires today. My father in law was in the battle of Midway in WWII and very patriotic so we got Goodyear for it. I don't think he would have approved of a company started outside of the US. I have had to buy some parts made out of the US but sometimes you have to. By the time I got home and the tires were on it was almost dark. I ran in and got the camera. If I get a chance I may pull it out tomorrow and take another one. I made a few but this was the best.

My wife was telling me today about her dad geting this truck and I had forgot it. The truck has never sat for sale on a car lot. He would get vehicles from this one dealer. The dealer had a place just out of town and he would sometimes have the autos delivered there due to lack of space at the dealership. He would bring them in when he sold a few. My father in law would go there and buy used trucks. The dealer told him that before he died he wanted to sell him a new truck this time and he had the perfect one just delivered to his place. He got my FIL to ride with him over to his place and he made such a good deal on it that my FIL bought it. It was the only new vehicle he ever bought.
willy3486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #52
Sloan66

Sweet truck, I have a 71 with same drive train, it runs great. Don't be afraid of the carb they are real straight forward, I rebuilt mine so if you have any questions let me know.
Sloan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:31 AM   #53
Mickeymotormount

Nice truck. Makes me wish I had mine back.

1967 C20 2WD Longbed

2001 2500 HD 4X4 Extended cab long bed
Mickeymotormount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #54
willy3486

Thanks folks. I found two old carb rebuild books from the late 60s. My uncle gave me his collection of old car books from the 50s-80s when he got divorced so I will look the books over. I wouldn't mind rebuilding myself but I have not had the best of luck in the past. I wonder if it was just the carb was bad. I didn't get to pull it out for a photo as it rained all day. Maybe in the next week.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:11 PM   #55
cericd

I realize this is an old thread but I see the OP has been on the site fairly recently. Any updates?

My 1970 SWB C/10 - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=534872
cericd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:20 AM   #56
willy3486

Oops I forgot to post a update. I have been busy with a lot of projects. Anyway here is the latest. I put the project on hold until this spring. Just too cold out. There is a feed mill about a mile from my house and they now have a mechanic in a building on site. I wanted it checkout with a real mechanic before I got it on the road. He checked all the mechanical items on the truck. He replaced the u joints, front end items, rebuilt the carb and a few other items I forgot now. He was able to get it running nice.

I found the ground on one of the back lights was not connecting good. I fixed that. I also had the front end aligned. It drives really good. The only issue now is it has a little play in the steering. I eventually will probably replace the steering unit later on. I have driven it a few times. One project I am into now is that I have added a porch and small room onto my house. I had it framed and I have done the rest. I used the truck twice to get sheetrock. It hauled it fine. So the truck has served me well so far. I plan to replace a few small body pieces due to minor rust. I think I have about 3 pieces to replace. I plan on replacing them later in the fall. My favorite time to weld due to it not being hot like it is now.