The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-01-2004, 05:39 PM   #26
junkyardjohn

NOT MY CUP-O-TEA BUT YOU'VE GOT TO ADMIT THAT A WHOLE LOT OF TALENT WENT INTO BUILDING THIS TRUCK. LOST WAGES HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD. DIFFERENT IS O-K ANY TIME IN MY BOOK, EVEN IF IT'S NOT SOMETHING I'D LIKE. JOHN
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 04:32 PM   #27
littlebrownhand

No open minds here I like it,doesn't look like everyone elses.
littlebrownhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 04:42 PM   #28
XXL
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost wages
hey, lets all build the same truck
Exactly like the factory built it
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 04:58 PM   #29
raggedjim

Did anyone save a picture? It is invalid now, but it sounds like a truck I have seen in person in Murray, KY. Was is a blue color with a new syle bed and front end with a 67-68 hood?

Rg

'68 Short step - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=849675
'69 ('70?) 2wd Blazer
'70 GMC Jimmy 2wd
raggedjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 05:09 PM   #30
junkyardjohn

LOOK AT THE HOUSES IN HIS NEIGHBORHOOD. IF EVERY OTHER HOUSE IS THE SAME.. I'LL BET HE'S AWFUL GLAD TO HAVE BUILT A ONE-OFF TRUCK. I LIVE IN A HOUSING TRACT OF ABOUT 300 HOMES WITH ONLY 4 OR 5 DIFFERENT MODELS. (& IT IS MONOTONUS) SP?? LIKE I SAID BEFORE... DIFFERENT IS A-O-K WITH ME. JOHN

WOW THIS POST WAS BROUGHT UP FROM LAST JULY

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH

Last edited by junkyardjohn; 04-05-2005 at 05:11 PM.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:08 PM   #31
shifty
Questionable

Does anyone have pictures of the interior in question? It looks like fleabay took them offline.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 10:29 PM   #32
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

littlebrownhand
Quote:
No open minds here I like it,doesn't look like everyone elses.
The link is old/dead............you can't even know what this is about. why the insulting comments?
The only thing I can think you are talking about is a photoshop job, that truck doesn't even exist (in that form)
That pic was posted to show the wheel openings modified to match the old style of the front fenders. The original truck link had pics of a truck with the front fenders modified to match the new style of the bed.

Don't be so quick to judge............especially when you are clueless.

Last edited by LONGHAIR; 04-05-2005 at 10:29 PM.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:18 PM   #33
Shane
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR
Don't be so quick to judge............especially when you are clueless.
You mean like you did when you called him "clueless?"

Last edited by Shane; 04-05-2005 at 11:19 PM.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:22 PM   #34
shifty
Questionable

Shane has a point. It didn't look like an insult to me, and you smack the guy in the face over it.

FTR, there is a picture of the truck in that link - so the pictures aren't dead.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:19 AM   #35
junkyardjohn

WHATS THE MATTER LONGHAIR?? YOU SEEM TO HAVE A INSECT IN YOUR ANUS LATELY. DID SOMEONE PISS IN YOUR CHERIOS OR WHAT.??? JOHN

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH

Last edited by junkyardjohn; 04-06-2005 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:25 PM   #36
bagged91
Out draggin'

No comment but I will say that I think Longhair owes the new fella an apology...
72 C10 Burb (ex. Cheesewagon)SOLD
72 C20 Burb parts truck
71 C10 Burb "project"
bagged91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 06:33 PM   #37
LONGHAIR

When you click the link in the original post, it says that the post has been removed or is no longer available.......no pics. E-bay says that items over 90 days old are no longer available. The only other pic on the whole thread is the chop of the yellow truck.

I think "No open minds here" is pretty much an insult, especially when it isn't connected to the original pic/post.

If all of the onfo is not available (and you come to the post 7-8 months late) exactly what is the point of the comment anyway?

No apology........a newbie brings up an old post and thorws down a negative comment? for no good reason what-so-ever?

Last edited by LONGHAIR; 04-06-2005 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:37 PM   #38
shifty
Questionable

I think maybe the viewpoint should be, "new to the area, unfamiliar with the locals". Is the correct reaction to beat the living snot out of him and show him the regulars and veterans are complete arseholes that will jump on you if you post a relatively off-handed comment, or is the correct reaction to help him understand why he might have gotten the wrong idea?

Old 04-06-2005, 06:38 PM   #39
shifty
Questionable

I only bring this up b/c I'm a newbie too (one who probably posts way too much) and ... well, I remember what it was like testing the waters around here and having one or two of the other guys make me feel like a real schmucko when I really didn't mean no harm

Last edited by shifty; 04-06-2005 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:06 PM   #40
Shane
Account Suspended

Quote:
When you click the link in the original post, it says that the post has been removed or is no longer available.......no pics. E-bay says that items over 90 days old are no longer available. The only other pic on the whole thread is the chop of the yellow truck.

I think "No open minds here" is pretty much an insult, especially when it isn't connected to the original pic/post.

If all of the onfo is not available (and you come to the post 7-8 months late) exactly what is the point of the comment anyway?

No apology........a newbie brings up an old post and thorws down a negative comment? for no good reason what-so-ever?
Nice of you to welcome him to the board in your own "special way."

I don't think the guy meant any disrespect to you or anyone else ... you asked "what is the point of the comment anyway?" I say he was only doing what everyone else was doing and that is voicing his opinion.

Apparently you are the only one who sees it differently. Oh well, I suppose he was right after all with the "closed minded" comment.

Last edited by Shane; 04-06-2005 at 08:09 PM.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 08:55 PM   #41
LONGHAIR

My point was that it's an ancient post .........to which nothing good was added. If someone has something new or additional to add..fine, I'm all for it. To make an insult, no matter how small, there is no need.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:17 PM   #42
71Shortbed

Quote:
To make an insult, no matter how small, there is no need.
Kind of like when you called him "clueless"?
71Shortbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:20 PM   #43
screamin_c102
Account Suspended

I mean absolutely no offense here but, why is it that anybody with under 1,000 posts on this board is automatically considered clueless or sub-par to the "vets"?

Littlebrownhand could have one sweet ass ride that he built from the ground up, yet he is considered clueless because he doesn't sit in front of his computer postin' about trucks all day, and makes a positive statement about a truck he thought was the basis of the post?

I've been ragged and bagged pretty hard by the "veterans" of this board lately as well, because I may have an opinion or answer a question. I've been called clueless, apparently because of my low post count, and an asshole for responding to the insult.

I can guarantee I am no newbie to these trucks, there isn't a bolt on Screamin I didn't put in. Everything on her was done by me, from the paint to the upholstery.

Most of the good tips came from readin' the posts on this board before I became a member. Yet as soon as we join and actually start postin' and makin' comments or askin' questions we get hammered? I just don't get it

If you guys don't want us "newbies" here then make it a members only moderator approved forum. If you feel the need to bash everything a "newbie" says then expect a retalitory comment, I for one will not take sh!t from anybody.

We are all supposed to be adults here, yet almost every post lately has become a ***** session.

Reminds me of thiose kids on the playground that would bully the others 'cause they were there first.

LITTLEBROWNHAND, welcome to the board.

Like I said, I mean no disrespect to any of you, I just would like an answer.

Yet somehow I know that somebody is gonna get their panties in a bunch over this simple question.

Last edited by screamin_c102; 04-06-2005 at 09:31 PM.
screamin_c102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:50 PM   #44
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Count down to post closure

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 10:25 PM   #45
bagged91
Out draggin'

Before the post gets closed as Frenchblue says, I would like to say well put Screamin. 2 wrongs don't make a right. Whether or not the post was from July of last year or 3 years ago or 3 minutes ago, ALL members have the right to post on this board and speak their mind, as you did Longhair, but what you did was wrong by insulting him directly. He did nothing to you. He made no derogatory remarks about anyone personally, just made mention of the general mindframe of the comments being made and I for one have to agree with him. There are a few members that are not open minded at all about a modified truck, no matter how tastefull or not it is done. I was always told that if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Maybe if some of these members would practice that, we wouldn't have these pissin' contests... He was probably doing what I did when I became a member here, I literally read every post on the 67-72 mess. board & the 67-72 burb board along with the FAQ's...

And as a "veteran" on this board, I feel that Longhair should realize that it was a new member and taken that into consideration before rippin' him a new orfice. You could have taken a small amount of time and either made a HELPFULL post or sent him a PM with your thoughts and comments instead of publicly bashing him. I will reiterate and say that I feel an apology is in order and if your not man enough to do it, then I will do it for you...

LITTLEBROWNHAND, WELCOME TO THE BEST BOARD OUT THERE FOR 67-72 TRUCKS AND PLEASE DO NOT TAKE OFFENSE TO SOME OF THE COMMENTS MADE IN THIS THREAD AS THESE AREN'T THE VIEWS OF MOST OF THE MEMBERS HERE. ANY OPINIONS YOU HAVE ARE WELCOME HERE ON THIS PUBLIC FORUM. I OFFER MY SINCEREST APPOLOGIES FOR THE UNNECESSARY RUDENESS THROWN AT YOU.

Joe (Bagged91)
72 C10 Burb (ex. Cheesewagon)SOLD
72 C20 Burb parts truck
71 C10 Burb "project"
bagged91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 12:10 AM   #46
boogie67

bagged91 Im new to this board also.I been watching this go on for two days.What you said really made me feel good to be a member of this board.It was starting to sound like a trans am board I use to go to.Nobody could say much without being shot down by the experts.Thats what makes this board cool everybodys been real helpfull.Ihope it stays that way.
boogie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:47 AM   #47
GreyHoundSteve

I have to agree with the above posters. Many of the "veterans" here like to talk down to new people and thats not right. In fact imo it has gotten out of hand and i agree that the "if you dont have anything nice to say" policy be inforced to EVERYONE regardless of your post count. I know i have held back personal experiences with similar problems people have posted because i knew that certain people would be right behind me posting insults if i shared them.

Many of the vets here are more than helpful and great guys. I have had many of them take plenty of time to help me with my questions on my project and those people make this board the great place that it is. Yet some others seem to feel that since they have been here longer that they have the authority to be rude and those people are potentially scaring off new members who may have useful information to contribute but decide instead to leave because so and so with 5,000+ posts has to act superior to them.

I just dont see the need for it and i think the mods should keep a better eye on it. I didnt read anywhere in the rules that older members have more rights than newer ones and a "time out" may be in order for some of the guys who have been around here so long that they have forgotten the golden rule.
GreyHoundSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:05 AM   #48
'70_402

I agree there has been alot of ("I am more intelligent than you, i am a veteran, i have been here since this thing began, i have 1,000+ post and i like to sit here and post about what i am going to do on my truck rather than going out and doing it..") post count dosen't mean SH!T... like i said some people would rather work on thier trucks rather than up a post count that doesn't even matter outside of this board... this is the one and only thing i don't like about this board and i think some mods need to take action in this matter.. someone should not have to be afraid of posting a question or comment in fear of a bashing by "older more intelligent" members

'70_402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:25 AM   #49
junkyardjohn

ON THE OTHER HAND.... SOME OF THE NEW MEMBERS (& THERES SOMEONE NEW EVERY DAY) REPLY TO ALMOST EVERY POST (LIKE 250 OR 300 IN THE FIRST MONTH) & COME OFF AS RUDE KNOW IT ALLS WHO TRY TO CRAM THERE IDEAS DOWN EVERYONES THROATS, & TRY TO CHANGE THIS BOARD TO THEIR OWN IDEA OF HOW IT SHOULD BE. THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING NEW (H@LL EVERYBODY STARTS THAT WAY), BUT TO COME ON HERE , & ACT LIKE YOU KNOW MORE THAN EVERYBODY ELSE, & COME OFF AS A REAL JERK OR FOR A BETTER TERM "@SSHOLE", IS UNCALLED FOR.I FOR ONE LIKE TO SEE NEW MEMBERS JOINING THESE RANKS,& 97% OF THEM HAVE NO PROBLEM FITTING IN AT ALL, BUT WHEN SOMEONE JOINS HERE WITH THE ATTITUDE THAT THEY ARE SO MUCH MORE EXPERIANCED & SUPERIOR TO EVERYONE ELSE, & FEEL THE NEED TO ANSWER EVERY POST OR QUESTION..... & COME OFF AS HAVING THE ATTITUDE THAT " IF THOSE PEARLS OF WISDOM DIDN'T COME OUT OF MY MOUTH THEY COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE CORRECT" WELL A JERK IS A JERK NO MATTER HOW YOU DRESS THEM UP. JOHN

(& I DON'T HAVE MY PANTIES IN A BUNCH OR AM UPSET IN ANY WAY, & THIS REPLY IS NOT DIRECTED AT ANY INDIVIDUAL, ALTHOUGH IM SURE ALOT OF PEOPLE WILL FEEL THAT SURELY I'M TALKING DIRECTLY TO THEM.)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH

Last edited by junkyardjohn; 04-07-2005 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:30 AM   #50
Mixup

I've been a member since 2002. I read all the posts but only answer a few because of the BS. I have a late model bed on my truck and thats my choice. I don't care if you like it or not, I do and thats all that counts. I won't post a picture of it because of all the bashing and all I will hear is "the wheel wells don't match and how can you ruin and old truck by putting that bed on it" The older members on here seem to stick together and if you are not in thier "click" they give you a hard time and won't even answer questions. I asked a question awhile ago and didn't get any answers. About a week later a veteran member asked the same question and had all kinds of answers???
Thats my 2 cents.

1969 Z28 engine

Turbo 350
Mixup is offline   Reply With Quote