The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-17-2016, 04:58 PM   #26
396C-10

Re: Need detailed pics of front brake line routing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke82 View Post
I read that some models had the lines run inside the frame from the factory, so when routing mine I played with both inside and out. I determined inside may be fine for exhaust manifolds but my headers run right next to the brake lines if they are on the inside of the frame.

So long story short, I routed mine on the outside to avoid header heat.
This is where I am at. My brake lines are right on my headers on the inside of the frame. I wonder if there are pre-bent lines I can buy which take them around the outer frame??? I am interested in knowing how you did yours???
396C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:59 PM   #27
MASTERBrian

I know this is an old thread, but how close will this be to a 1971 C10? The reason I ask is that I have a 1960 Suburban and bought the stainless steel brake line kit from CPP and I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how to run them.

They sent me some pics, but I think it was a '71 as the lines run outside the frame rails, it appears. On my '60 they have to run on the inside and they confirmed that. I finally figured out which vertical line is the front and which is the rear.

Part of my issue is I don't yet have the master/booster/proportioning valve assembly as I've been trying to wait until some already purchased parts are installed. I hate sitting on parts. I've also ordered the bracket from CaptainFab and thus not sure if the CPP master/booster is the way to go or just go with the ones known to fit with the Captain's bracket.

I think part of the confusion is that they don't appear to use the factory mount points, so everything seems to be loose. Hopefully I can also find a good way to secure these to the frame and/or crossbar.
MASTERBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:46 PM   #28
HO455
Post Whore

The 67-72 lines are secured with clips that attach to the frame through holes drilled in frame without a separate fastener. You might look in the 60-66 C10 section for better info. As far as I know there are no differences in the long beds and the Suburbans. The 67-72 lines are run on the inside of the frame. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe anyone is making an exact repop of the original clips. (Photo show some originals, the two heavier looking ones in the center are the fuel/ brake line clips) The fuel line goes in the upper part of the clip and the brake line in the lower. On the rear of the front cross member the clips are different as the lower part is smaller for 3/16" line. Someone parting out a long wheel base truck should be able to save some clips for you, or go to the U-pull-it and look for a donor vehicle with the correct size tubing, or you can use any number of aftermarket clips or loop straps.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 02:44 PM   #29
Daryl87

An old thread, but a life-saver! This thread and a few others have been instrumental in helping me install my Inline Tube SS lines today.

It makes more sense once a few of the lines are on, but would it have been too much to ask for Inline to label the lines for those of us who had a complete teardown with no pictures from 'before'??

Having now done this I'm sure a second time would be much easier to figure out, but some of the bending had me thrown for a loop until I saw the pictures on here. Thus far the new lines have gone on with only gentle nudging and bending in a few spots. I am only working on the rolling chassis right now so the lines to the master cylinder won't be hooked up till the cab is on so I won't be able to comment on the complete set-up till then. I've read the good-and-bad comments about Inline so I will definitely offer my opinion once it's all done. So far I have no complaints other than lack of labeling for the newbies like me!
Daryl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 09:46 AM   #30
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

Exactly what I was looking for, love this site!
D.PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:03 PM   #31
Meangreen1

My lines don't line up with the tab on the rear diff. It looks like it needs the bolt in tab using the diff cover bolt. Input please guys

1972 factory 2wd blazer. 12 bolt rear, confirmed it is the correct rear end.
Meangreen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:50 PM   #32
HO455
Post Whore

Factory 1/2 ton 5 lug rears with coils should have this hose (Photo 1) and the lines should go here, (Photo 2) and the fittings should be 1/4" not 3/16". Lines that go to the tab on the cover are early 6 lug lines with 3/16" fittings.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377

Last edited by HO455; 04-28-2017 at 04:59 PM.
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote