The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2005, 10:50 PM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Thumbs down Mortgage Co:Ocwen

Has anyone heard of this company,have/had a mortgage with them,or know anything about them?
We refinanced last year and ended up with them.We had our mortgage with my bank before,no problems.Now I wish we never did this.We are having a nightmare with these people.In August my wife made an over the phone payment(my check)while we were on vacation.Almost two weeks later they call for a payment,that`s when we found out the routing# was wrong so we are charged a late fee and returned check fee.Now,most places are very helpful to help you make sure you are giving the right number and straighten you out right away if you make a mistake.Not Ocwen,she didn`t even give them a nine digit #.Anyway,I figured she screwed it up.
In Sept.she makes the payment on-line,as she does most bills.A couple weeks later we get a call for the payment,didn`t go through,wrong account#.Any other site would not accept the number if it doesn`t match the name and asks you to re-enter.Not Ocwen,they wait until a late charge is due and charge you an NSF fee.
Now,for Oct.she pays on-line again on the 7th.They called last night for payment,said the acct.# was incorrect,late and NSF fee,again.She asked them to read the # back and it was nothing close to her #.She`s an RN,works with computers alot and if she was mistyping she could see it on the screen before submitting it.
All the people you talk to are Indian(you know,over there).We go`round`n`round in circles trying to explain that there must be a problem with their website because this is the third month in a row we`ve had a problem with numbers.The supervisor claims she`s never had a problem before.As we`re debating and I`m not caving in to the b.s.the connection starts to fail.She`s not hearing us,just saying,"hello-hello".I hang up my phone and come downstairs,my wife still not being heard.I go back up and tell my wife to hang her phone off.I can`t believe the lady`s still on the phone,"hello-hello".This went on for a long time.So I say,"I don`t know if this is another tactic.But,I wish we were dealing with a more competant outfit with an up-to-standard system.We know better than to rely on their system anymore and just want the fees dropped."No more,"hello-hello".Coincidence?She doesn`t try to call back.Wouldn`t that be the professional thing to do?My wife calls back in a half hour and asks for the woman by name.After a half hour she gave up.Now,tonight a guy calls,"you are behind,how would you like to pay?"We try to explain thesituation and it`s falling in deaf ears.We just go`round`n`round.I say we have a problem and I need to know what steps to take to remedy this.He never responded,just kept repeating the s.o.s.
The other thing is,nothing is consistant.He didn`t have the incorrect acct.# to read back.The payment fee was different from this morning.The amount due was different between my statement,the conversation with the woman this morning,and the man tonight.In fact,he`s saying we still owe Sept. because of NSF.The statement dated 10/7 doesn`t mention it and neither did the woman earlier today.I told him I need a payment history mailed before I`ll make another payment.Who known what that`ll say.I always round the payment up about $35 to an even hundred and my Nov.payment(on statement is asking for $54+/- for some reason,even though we supposedly owe $200+ in late charges($67.23 a month).I really feel like I`m dealing with some scam outfit.It`s very frustrating.BTW,I`ve been VERY cool with them.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote