The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2016, 11:26 PM   #11
cmabolt

Re: Project Reno - 72 cheyenne rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgunlock View Post
Ok Chris, been some time since there's been an update on this thread. I need a little better closure on this I think you need to post at least a few pictures of how the truck's being used, or places it has taken you to. Help a guy out, please
Hi Rick! Yeah, been a while. I got to 3 shows this year. The last of which was this past weekend of October 23rd and that is the last in 2016. I didn't ever intend this truck to be a show truck, but have really enjoyed the ritual of getting up early and getting to the shows, chatting with people at the shows and seeing what other people have done. Most of the shows are also donating for a good cause so there's that. As long as the paint holds up, I will keep going I guess. This past show I took home 2nd place in the 4x4 class. That was nice. My truck just can't compete with those trophies trucks that only come off the trailer to be parked and buffed.

I try and drive the truck at least 2-3 times a month to keep it happy and enjoy the fruits of all those years labor. I continue to upgrade when time, but just had a little one, my first, and time is less of a surplus than before her arrival.

I did get a square body sway bar setup for the truck and plan to install as soon as I finish rebuilding my jeep's motor. I also still intend to upgrade the interior with more woodwork, but that will have to wait till next Summer. With the miles I have put on the truck I have had zero issues. It rides great and runs smooth as can be. The motor could use a few more horses for my taste so a cam will likely be put in this coming Summer as well.

So here's some pics of the summer fun.