The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-19-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
K5Danny

K5Danny's 72 Blazer

Here are a few pics of my 72 K5.. I've only had a it a few weeks, so I'm still debating on where to start with repairs (mostly rust and new paint). The top needs a new rear hatch, and the weather stripping needs replaced.

Here's a pic of my significant other in the driver's seat:

Sitting in the front driveway:

Roof storage in the garage (I can just drive underneath it and lower it back down):
K5Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
Littletony

Re: K5Danny's 72 Blazer

Looks like a nice one to start with and the boss lady looks happy so that is a good thing...right.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" ..............Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Littletony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:49 PM   #3
K5Danny

Well, she wanted a convertible, and I wanted a 4x4 with some character. Perfect fit in my opinion! Yup, she loves riding around in it, but last Saturday it left us sitting on the side of the road. Points need to be replaced. I'll probably upgrade to an HEI or maybe the Accel points eliminator kit.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
K5Danny

A couple more pics..

The head gaskets are leaking slightly, so I'm considering rebuilding the engine soon. It's also got it's fair share of rust, so I'll be sanding her down this winter, repairing the rust, and repainting to a color unknown at this time.

I'm glad I found this forum!! Plenty of good information and pictures.

Thanks guys!
Old 08-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #5
K5Danny

The PO finally found the rear hatch for my K5's top. Obviously, it's in "kit form" and will need to be assembled. I'm going to take a shot at piecing it back together. At least all the hardware is in tact if anything.

Attached Images

Old 01-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
K5Danny

Hi guys! I haven't done much to my Blazer other than replacing the radiator and battery a few weeks ago, but I might be selling her pretty soon. My girlfriend's dad owns the local Land Rover dealership and may be offering me a Defender convertible at a really good price. I'd like to keep my old K5, but I wouldn't have room in the garage if I get the Defender.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #7
K5Danny

You guys thought I had given up, huh? Well, I know it's the wrong time of the year to start the rust repairs, but after gutting the interior, I realized my rust problems aren't as bad as I thought.

I've already got all of my replacement panels (other than what I'll need to repair the bed areas), so I'm jumping in head first next Saturday with the cab area.

Here are some pictures of what she currently looks like. I threw the top back on to keep everything lined up, but took her on a topless drive this morning to tide me over for a few weeks.

Let me know if you see anything that may be a red flag, as this is my first project of this level.

Thanks guys!!