The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-03-2014, 04:31 PM   #151
jpnh

Re: 84 c10 stepside

Quote:
Originally Posted by naphtali5725 View Post
great transformation, looks killer, great job man
Thanx
jpnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:33 PM   #152
jpnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuSSwagon View Post
Awesome work Jeff!
Thanx Eric
Old 07-05-2014, 03:21 PM   #153
jpnh

finished the tail lights finally this morning after putting it off a while also determined the gear ratio to be 2.73 was gonna run 3.73 but i think im gonna get it together with the new drivetrain first and see how it acts before i spend more money than i have to.
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2014, 04:20 PM   #154
jpnh

had to fix a couple spots on the cowl hood sux cause it knocks you a couple steps back but nothing insurmountable. decided to make it flat black again had to take it off to get in behind the scoop too decided not to stripe the cowl induction hood. sometimes less is more. gonna leave it flat black and experiment on the stock hood with some stripes pearl white sport stripes?SS?flames?i dont know. gonna collect a good hood ornament for it too gonna run the flat black hood for a while. still making coats gotta spray epoxy primer / wet sand again to hide my fixins then primer sealer then paint more pix when i finish.
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2014, 11:14 PM   #155
jpnh

back in black ,just dry enough to handle before the thunder storm. had my son help me move it so i could pull the truck back inside before the rain. only ended up with only a couple hitch hikers not bad.put it on the truck tomorrow
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2014, 11:13 AM   #156
jpnh

Got the cowl induction hood back on there. last time before the whole nose comes apart gonna take the nose off for the drive train swap. still gotta collect a few parts for that.just seen a new harley bagger with fake distressed paint. im still feeling ill thinking of how much that must have cost to do that.
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2014, 01:53 PM   #157
jpnh

wow nice out today sux to pull in for a pit stop
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2014, 07:52 PM   #158
aotte1

Jeff,

Looking very nice, major pit stops keep our trucks getting better. How is the new engine/trans coming along.

Les
aotte1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:22 PM   #159
jpnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by aotte1 View Post
Jeff,

Looking very nice, major pit stops keep our trucks getting better. How is the new engine/trans coming along.

Les
Thanx Les ive been trying to show some restraint/will power and not pull this truck apart while the weather is so nice the 350/350 combo thats in it goes and sounds fine.the truck is registered /inspected /insured(all due this month ouch$$$) i figured id enjoy it for a little while before i pull the nose off/swap the drive train.+im gonna replace the inner fender wells ,the ps fender and maybe the drivers door too. theres a few cruise nights im gonna hit.plus theres usually something going on at newengland dragway id like to stop by there also. guarenteed when i pull this apart there are gonna be things that put a halt on the next step. i dont see a problem getting it pulled apart and getting the motor in there, once i do that then the fun begins.ive never attempted this conversion. so i look forward to figuring out the problems/clearences as they arise.i dont want to pork myself.i know when i get it disassembled its gonna disable the truck for a bit id like to keep that time to a minimum.although the cant leave well enough alone side of me wants to swap the heads,cam,intake,headers,gearing,i need to keep the list leaning towards swap necessities rather than performance up grades when i first got this rig i made the decision to make a nice cruiser/hot rod/driver out of it. not something so nice i dont want to drive it.or something so built performance wise i cant afford the gas.(ive been there)looking for a happy medium if i was building a drag racer or a tow/work rig id be thinking differently-jeff
Old 07-16-2014, 09:48 PM   #160
aotte1

Jeff,
All sounds good, these trucks are all new to me, my research shows you can go low 12s and into the 11s with just a little tweaking of the rear suspension. I have a C/SA NHRA car ( stocker) that is totally different then these trucks. Do you have a plan for controlling the trans, that could be fun getting it all worked out. The right parts will make all the difference from what I researched. Do you know what series 4L80E you have e.g. the year of the electronics inside. If I remember correct their are different plug-in configuration for early vs late. You probably know all this, if it would help I have some GM service manuals for certain diesels 4l80Es, they had controllers for the trans only. Not all diesels have these controllers, e.g. 1 ton vans, old UPS trucks, early diesels w/ 4L80E.

Sounds like fun to be driving w/ 400 HP, I am still in body shop, hope to be home soon.

Les
Old 07-25-2014, 12:42 AM   #161
jpnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by aotte1 View Post
Jeff,
All sounds good, these trucks are all new to me, my research shows you can go low 12s and into the 11s with just a little tweaking of the rear suspension. I have a C/SA NHRA car ( stocker) that is totally different then these trucks. Do you have a plan for controlling the trans, that could be fun getting it all worked out. The right parts will make all the difference from what I researched. Do you know what series 4L80E you have e.g. the year of the electronics inside. If I remember correct their are different plug-in configuration for early vs late. You probably know all this, if it would help I have some GM service manuals for certain diesels 4l80Es, they had controllers for the trans only. Not all diesels have these controllers, e.g. 1 ton vans, old UPS trucks, early diesels w/ 4L80E.

Sounds like fun to be driving w/ 400 HP, I am still in body shop, hope to be home soon.

Les
still got to do my homework on that. im sure thats an issue. i want the right shifting to happen for sure (gotta be right) gotta find the right combo. 4 spd floor shifter im assuming the 4l80e is a newer model 2005 i see the lokar shift rods used for it alot. i need to make this swap, but the trucks cruising soo good i cant bring myself to rip into it, untill i have the cash to clean up some of these mysteries. if it was just the labor id be into it already. "i will endevor to persevere." decided to use the truck exhaust manifolds and the radiator thats in it. still got to get a fuel pump./power steering lines/move trans crossmember/driveshaft mod/trans mount. and im sure theres more. its not like throwing another stroker or big block in with a th 350 or 400 behind it. im gonna be cruising into uncharted territory for sure.-jeff
Attached Images

Old 07-30-2014, 01:59 AM   #162
355bullet

truck looks sweet!
355bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:38 PM   #163
MalibuSSwagon

If you ever need help with wiring let me know. Finishing an lq4 swap on my girlfriend's z28 soon. So I have some wiring skills haha
MalibuSSwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:42 AM   #164
jpnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 355bullet View Post
truck looks sweet!
Thank you,I'm tryn
Old 07-31-2014, 05:48 AM   #165
jpnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuSSwagon View Post
If you ever need help with wiring let me know. Finishing an lq4 swap on my girlfriend's z28 soon. So I have some wiring skills haha
Cool, back to work now so hopefully I can come up with the rest of the parts soon I appreciate your offer might need advice coming up.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #166
jpnh

Took a putt up the coast, early before all the traffic been a while since ive been out that way. Hampton beach is looking much better. went up the coast as far as Odiorne point and turned around at the round about. perfect weather good to smell the ocean/feel the wind coming off the water
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2014, 11:28 PM   #167
aotte1

Jeff,
Trip sounds really nice. The New England ocean smell is great, grew up outside of Portland, ME. Remember that smell well. We often had a little rougher coast line as I remember.

Glad to hear about the new job for you. You will really like the new engine, my daily driver has 5.3, it is a 2010, red, SB w/ 6 speed auto, fast, fast.

Les
Old 09-02-2014, 05:37 AM   #168
jpnh

Still plotting against the engine swap gotta get all the peices together so it dosnt give me a lot of down time I want to replace the inner fender wells one fender to get rid of the antenna hole maybe the radiator support depending on what it comes apart like I have a mint complete ps door from the donor truck thinking about getting a mint ds door and replacing the doors too the ones on the truck arnt the best but I just gotta keep focused on work I guess maybe I'll be able to do it .its a lot of work certainly easier to leave it like it is gotta follow thru but it's gonna take some perseverance .
Old 09-02-2014, 02:30 PM   #169
84SideStep

I've been following your build and awesome job!! I was wondering where you got the dash trim piece from? I know you mentioned your buddy set up the rear for you, but did you just use a standard flip kit?
Thanks in advance and again great job.
84SideStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:47 PM   #170
jpnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84SideStep View Post
I've been following your build and awesome job!! I was wondering where you got the dash trim piece from? I know you mentioned your buddy set up the rear for you, but did you just use a standard flip kit?
No c notch didn't go that low any lower and youd need to notch the frame removed the rubber snubbers for clearence no flip kit used all the stock hangers springs and shackles and u bolts relocated the leaf spring to under the axel instead of above it had to grind the rivits out of the stock hangers and relocate them using bolts I'll take a few pix and get them up there gotta resize them it will take a bit-jeff
Old 09-02-2014, 07:14 PM   #171
jpnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84SideStep View Post
you can get those interior peices thru LMC trucks i didnt buy the ones i got they were in the truck already but i seen them in the catalog hopefully this gives u an idea any other questions let me know and ill find out for ya -jeff
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2014, 05:11 PM   #172
84SideStep

thanks jeff for the pics..... much appreciated
84SideStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 12:06 PM   #173
jpnh

Got the lettering on the tailgate installed this morning decided not to use any water to promote adhesion and not get anything not nesessary under the vinyl if you take your time you can get them on there straight without it. installed a rear view mirror too. trying to keep cleaning things up and saving for my engine swap coming up on the time to pull it apart again was gonna install the seats. after looking more in depth im gonna install the drive train first and then cut the floor and modify it for the newer buckets, in case there is any difference between the old drivetrain position and the new. it would suck to do all the fab i need to do to get them in there and then have to blow it back apart again because the new drivetrain is hitting on something. gotta strive to do things as right as i can even though its not a completely intense resto i want it to be respectable and not taking 2 steps forward and 3 steps back if i can help it-jeff
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #174
laidlow91

trucks coming along great!!

on a side note theres a truck show oct 11th in epping at the dragway.
if the weathers good ill be there with a couple other squarebodies.
would be cool to see some trucks from the forum.
laidlow91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 02:48 PM   #175
jpnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidlow91 View Post
trucks coming along great!!

on a side note theres a truck show oct 11th in epping at the dragway.
if the weathers good ill be there with a couple other squarebodies.
would be cool to see some trucks from the forum.
Thanks wow cool, didn't realize thanx for the heads up weather permitting I'm there too.