The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-15-2023, 02:41 PM   #201
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: INNOVATE DLG1 Wideband O2 Oxygen Sensor Tuning Diagnostics Logging Air Fuel Ratio

Quote:
Originally Posted by doowopper View Post
subscribed
yez !!!
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 02:33 PM   #202
70C10Ginger

Re: INNOVATE DLG1 Wideband O2 Oxygen Sensor Tuning Diagnostics Logging Air Fuel Ratio

Would you still go with the same brand and kit? I’m about to swap my engine out, and want to get the freebie dialed in and make it last as long as possible for me. I love the ability to see what’s going on with your engines internals.
70C10Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 03:00 PM   #203
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70C10Ginger View Post
Would you still go with the same brand and kit? I’m about to swap my engine out, and want to get the freebie dialed in and make it last as long as possible for me. I love the ability to see what’s going on with your engines internals.
great question, short answer is NO

I would not use the same "dumb" gauges because it's just too bulky, too much sheet to shove under the dash, I would instead buy two of the "smart" gauges where the circuit board aka the intelligence is actually built in to the gauge, something like this one

MTX-L PLUS: ADVANCED DIGITAL WIDEBAND AIR/FUEL RATIO GAUGE KIT, 3 FT. SENSOR CABLE
$170.99
P/N 39240

their website is still confusing as all heck so keep in mind that their under $100 bucks gauges are displays only and you still need to buy the brain module separate

For those reasons I would look at AEM they cost half as much.

PN: 30-4110
The Original Wideband UEGO Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2023, 03:25 PM   #204
70C10Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
great question, short answer is NO

I would not use the same "dumb" gauges because it's just too bulky, too much sheet to shove under the dash, I would instead buy two of the "smart" gauges where the circuit board aka the intelligence is actually built in to the gauge, something like this one

MTX-L PLUS: ADVANCED DIGITAL WIDEBAND AIR/FUEL RATIO GAUGE KIT, 3 FT. SENSOR CABLE
$170.99
P/N 39240

their website is still confusing as all heck so keep in mind that their under $100 bucks gauges are displays only and you still need to buy the brain module separate

For those reasons I would look at AEM they cost half as much.

PN: 30-4110
The Original Wideband UEGO Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge

Wow, fast and very knowledgeable response. Thank you. I looked these up, and it looks like you have to have one gauge per side. Which I like, cause it’s idiot proof. Left gauge is left bank, right gauge is right bank.do you suggest a vaccum also?

I think the best spot to put them in my 70, is under the dash panel, n the right, by the shifters. I have trailer brakes 😵*💫 I’m adding on board air also. Trying to make a fun daily I can load up and disappear into the woods for a week in also.
Old 06-15-2023, 03:33 PM   #205
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Wow, fast and very knowledgeable response. Thank you. I looked these up, and it looks like you have to have one gauge per side. Which I like, cause it’s idiot proof. Left gauge is left bank, right gauge is right bank.do you suggest a vaccum also?

I think the best spot to put them in my 70, is under the dash panel, n the right, by the shifters. I have trailer brakes ��*�� I’m adding on board air also. Trying to make a fun daily I can load up and disappear into the woods for a week in also.
I do recommend a vacuum gauge, what carb are you running? do you have a build thread? and I don't mean to rain on your parade but I highly recommend an LS Swap, and not for power but for startability, reliability, no leakability, and no squeekability, ha ha snag a 5.3L with an automagical transmission and enjin harness for $1,500 then drop another $500 for random do dads and adapters, look at one of two The Greg LS Swap builds for details, read his HP Tunner Tutorials and then load up and disappear into the woods for two weeks minimum, lol your 70 will thank you for it

1954 Advanced Design 3100 LS 5.3L LS Swap
Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 06-15-2023 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-15-2023, 03:50 PM   #206
70C10Ginger

Quote:
I do recommend a vacuum gauge, what carb are you running? do you have a build thread? and I don't mean to rain on your parade but I highly recommend an LS Swap, and not for power but for startability, reliability, no leakability, and no squeekability, ha ha snag a 5.3L with an automagical transmission and enjin harness for $1,500 then drop another $500 for random do dads and adapters, look at one of two The Greg LS Swap builds for details, read his HP Tunner Tutorials and then load up and disappear into the woods for two weeks minimum, lol your 70 will thank you for it
Currently running an Edelbrock 1407 tuned for Salt Lake City. I’m trying to rebuild a quadrajet, which I need to kick myself in the ass and do. Just hit up and got the build specs from quadrajetpower.com.

I’ve been wondering about that lately. I just cant, for literally no reason. I like the old pain in the ass carbureted engines 🤣 why have reliability, when you can through wrenches at something.
Old 06-15-2023, 03:55 PM   #207
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Currently running an Edelbrock 1407 tuned for Salt Lake City. I’m trying to rebuild a quadrajet, which I need to kick myself in the ass and do. Just hit up and got the build specs from quadrajetpower.com.

I’ve been wondering about that lately. I just cant, for literally no reason. I like the old pain in the ass carbureted engines 🤣 why have reliability, when you can through wrenches at something.
Yeah I hear you, I've been a member of the Small Block PLS Mafia for 20 years

Pavement Lubrication System, PLS

have you seen the latest jazz I am working on?
Old 06-15-2023, 04:00 PM   #208
70C10Ginger

Quote:
Yeah I hear you, I've been a member of the Small Block PLS Mafia for 20 years

Pavement Lubrication System, PLS

have you seen the latest jazz I am working on?
No, still learning the navigation and “rules” of this forum. I cannot express how much I’ve learned from here though.

Whatcha got going on????? I need to post a couple build threads, and stick to them 🤣
Old 06-15-2023, 04:08 PM   #209
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Whatcha got going on?????
oh, noffin' just building a 100% electric truck

My Dusty 71 GMCe Electruck

Good Enuff Garage YouTube Channel
Attached Images