The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2022, 02:03 PM   #1
1970BannerBlazer

Shock Recommendations - 4" Lift

1970 Blazer
4x4
New 4" Tuff Country Lift Springs
New Bilstein 5100 Shocks
454 Engine
35x12.5-20 wheel/tire
Pavement Queen

I'm looking for some suggestions on shocks for my Blazer. I recently installed new springs and shocks and the ride is super bouncy. Even bouncier than my original 4" lift springs with old ass Rancho shocks.

No need to debate ride quality in this thread.

I need help finding a correct shock for this setup. The Bilstein 5100 just aren't cutting it. My mechanic thinks that these are the cause of the bounciness.

I would prefer an adjustable shock so I can dial in the ride. Something like the Rancho RS9000XL. It's hard to tell what else is out that that might be adjustable like the Rancho. I've looked at all the major brands and it seems like none have a simple adjustability like Rancho.

I'm also open to non adjustable, but I figured that the adjustability will allow me the most leeway.

I would like to stay under $200 per shock.

Why don't I just go with the Rancho? I'm not particularly fond of the brand. Their technology is over 10 years old. I'm thinking there is newer stuff out there. Maybe I am wrong.

Thoughts?
1970BannerBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote