The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-05-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
blindman

rant about no limit ride height

first off dont get me wrong the kit looks to be a excellent product but after i assembled my truck back on the frame with ride height bars installed like rob at no limit said my truck is still exactly to the 1/8 of an inch the same height it was before i done anything when i bout there wide ride and fat bar kit i was told that i would get a 4-5 inch drop in front 5-6 inch in rear over stock all i saying is if your on the fence on were to buy from make sure you live close to the company not across country were you cant handle the situation in person .. anybody here live in ca ha just my .02
blindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
Tri5Nerd
Tripple Five Fanatic

Re: rant about no limit ride height

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindman View Post
first off dont get me wrong the kit looks to be a excellent product but after i assembled my truck back on the frame with ride height bars installed like rob at no limit said my truck is still exactly to the 1/8 of an inch the same height it was before i done anything when i bout there wide ride and fat bar kit i was told that i would get a 4-5 inch drop in front 5-6 inch in rear over stock all i saying is if your on the fence on were to buy from make sure you live close to the company not across country were you cant handle the situation in person .. anybody here live in ca ha just my .02
I live about 15 minutes away from them and have visited their shop, they have some good product very friendly in person. Don't know much about the Fat Bar and the drop, but if you have coilover you should be able to adjust them to bring it down some.

Tri5
Old 01-06-2010, 12:51 AM   #3
blindman

yea i spoke with rob hes hung up on the 14 1/2 coilover length maybe with a shorter coilover i dunno ..
blindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

blindman, I moved this for you to the "Review Board" section of the forum.
Here is where good and bad experiences are discussed.
And, since No Limits sells parts for all year trucks, I thought you'd get better replies here.
Keep us updated how it works out.
Thanks

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:55 PM   #5
bondobob

I used a no limit four bar on my 57 and modified it to get the ride height I wanted. I wanted the top of the axle to be flush with the bottom of the frame at ride height. (I created a step to get 3" of travel) So instead of mounting the front brackets near the bottom of the frame I cut off the bottom lip of the bracket and moved it up so that the bottom bar was parallel with the ground at ride height and just welded it to the side of the boxed frame.
Attached Images

bondobob is offline   Reply With Quote