The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-19-2009, 11:38 PM   #1
zipgun
ZIPGUN

Electrical Problems - Horn and Backup Lights

Hey everybody, it's been awhile. I have a 89 Burb with the backup lights stuck on and the horn inoperable. I think the wiring harness that controls both of these runs down the steering column and i think it may have shorted out on the column itself. The vehicle is a former law enforcement burb that had quite a bit of extra radio mounts and computer mounts in it. Just wondering if anyone has had the same combination of problems. Solutions anyone ?
zipgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:20 AM   #2
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

Re: Electrical Problems - Horn and Backup Lights

Can anyone help him?
tvblazer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
factory2wdblazer's

Re: Electrical Problems - Horn and Backup Lights

i had a problem sort of like your's a bout a year ago on my 72 chevy monte carlo. i had a tilt colume a when i would tilt the wheel up or down it would honk the horn. i cuold also here like a spark coming from in the colume when the horn would honk. when the light's were out in the garage you could even seen the spark in the colume. it would also happen when i put the car in drive or park, i had to disconect the horn. but this did not fix the problem.. i would wake up the next day to go to work and the battery would be dead so it use to drain the battery aswell... i had to replace the steering colume, or have mine took a part and it get's pretty pricey. i pick a used one up for a 100 buck's and installed it and had no problem's with the horn going off when i tilt the wheel or put the car in park....goog luck.............
factory2wdblazer's is offline   Reply With Quote