The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-24-2007, 10:04 PM   #1
67_C20Pres

1st questions about my tranny

Disclaimer: I've been reading whatever manuals I can and am still waiting on the Factory Assembly manual. I have the shop manual, but so far am not impressed with it's lack of info. Guess I'm spoiled by my Cadillac shop manuals. I did receive my 67 truck GM build packit the other day and it's got some good stuff in it.

Anyway, my 67' C20 has a cobbled 350 (vintage unkown still cause I haven't started documentating casting numbers) mounted in the 6 cylinder location & tied to what I think is the original 4-speed. You otta see the the clutch linkage Even in my hard drinking days I did better work than whomever did the transplant. I'll post pics soon cause we all need a good laugh once and awhile.

The reason I think it's a 4spd is because reverse is left and down. However, no matter what I do, I can't find 1st. So...is it possible that it's jacked up internally OR is there a 3spd that would bolt to a 350 that has reverse @ left & down? The pattern is: reverse = left & down, 2nd = center & down, 3rd = up & right and 4th = down & right. Surely there can't be a 3spd with this pattern is there?

Also where the heck is the switch suppose to be located for the backup lights? I've looked and felt around the tranny a bunch of times and am stumped.

Thanks y'all Steve

by the way, I'm waiting for delivery of a brake booster to try and avoid the legs cramps & soiled shorts that the drums have been giving me when trying to stop the beast. Might help if I R & R the wheel cylinders especially O'leaky on the right rear. I'll do 8 lug discs when I can sneak the $$$ past the wife. AND I picked me up a re-upholstered 72 bench seat for him the other day for $50.00. SWEEEET buy!

Last edited by 67_C20Pres; 05-25-2007 at 03:10 AM.
67_C20Pres is offline   Reply With Quote