The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-06-2007, 11:41 PM   #1
BCOWANWHEELS

c10 ,1971 -12 bolt rear freshen up

well my 71,12 bolt rear needed brake shoes so i downed my truck for maintinence. i got bendix shoes from advance auto and advance brand spring kits along with wheel cylinders. the shoes fit fine, the spring kits DID NOT have all the springs needed........ and the wheel cylinders had to be masaged to fit. seems like you cant get even the simpleist things anymore much less have them fit properly. and then i decided to change my wheel bearing and seals. well you cant buy the exact replacement wheel bearings, they have alot of roller bearings, you have to buy bearings that have fewer bearings and the rollers are larger so you ahve fewer contact points on the axle shafts so the axle shafts will wear quicker. gosh never been so down hearted from such a simple freshen up. gonna fill the diff with castrol synthetic 80w-140 wght. lube . oh did i mention i had a parking brake bar spring broke ?????? forget buying one of those. even chevy didnt have one and cant order one. thank god for the parts trucks i,ve gotten. had to dissasemble one rear wheel for the e-brake spring.
bob in tn.
BCOWANWHEELS is offline   Reply With Quote