The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
70-K5
Account Suspended

Uncle Pauls 86 3/4 4x4 Sub

It isn't *my* Uncle Paul, it is actually my father-in-laws Uncle Paul who I met at my wedding two years ago and then again at 4th of July last year. We talked a little bit about cars and he said he had an old Suburban that wasn't running. He only used it to tow his boat that he gave away a few year ago.

I was welcome to it for the price of $1. Only issue is it was in California and I live in Oregon.

Well, a few weeks ago I got down to the bay area and drug it home on a uHaul auto transport. FYI, if you have a suburban don't try to put it on a uHaul, they say it fits but it is like towing a roller skate.

I actually got great mileage considering the weight of the beast...

This is the round trip account for the trip.

This is how it fits on the trailer....

And what I was towing with:

Besides the trailer sway it was a great ride, pulled great.

Dumbo towing mirrors - Check
Running board - Check
Oversize mudflaps - Check

Ready to go home:

And where she sits until I can get down and figure out how to get the old dinosaur breathing fire again.

Uncle Paul was the original owner. Engine was replaced in 1988, painted in 1999 (red is not a good color to sit out in the California sun for 15 years....) as stated 3/4 ton, 4wd, 6.2L diesel, captians chairs, rear air, rear heat, power windows and locks, third row delete.

Everything is there, just needs some cleaning and a little TLC.
70-K5 is offline   Reply With Quote