The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-29-2002, 12:15 AM   #1
Travis 65

Unhappy 65 Chrome Grill Match Up Problems...

Allright guys....I own a 65 Chevy Longbed Fleetside...Its an awesome truck...well anyways...i bought a new chrome grill...to replace the painted one...i drilled off the old brackets off the old grill...
(i bought the chrome one from Brothers...im sure your aware of brothers)
Anyways..the brackets are about an inch (give and take...per each side)off on the top......its weird...its supposed to match right up...has anyone else experienced any problems...?? should i take it back and ask for another? what do you guys think?
please help...
once i solve this...im gonna ask for some help on the disc brake conversion kit i just bought... ; x thats a wholllllllle nether message. and then some..thanks in advance guys.....
Old 09-29-2002, 05:36 AM   #2
60 Apache

65 Chrome Grill Match Up Problems

Travis,

Almost everything that I have bought from BROTHERS there as been something wrong with it. I bought a front bumper and bumper guards for my 60 and the bumper guards don't fit the bumber. They told me that the bumper guards only fit the original bumpers. Well I tried the bumber guards on a original bumper and it doesn't fit it either. So I suggest get your money back and buy one some where else. I was going to buy all my stuff for my restoration from BROTHERS but I'm not anymore!!!

"60 Apache"
60 Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 11:24 AM   #3
golds'64

Thanks for the heads-up.
I hanen't bought anything from brothers,Mostly from truck shop and there quality has been OK.
Got me curious,Going out to look at the brackets on my grill now.

Anyone have any pics of their truck???
golds'64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 09:34 PM   #4
Travis 65

well...that just plain sux...
i bought all of my stuff from Brothers...
bumper...grill...disc brake conversion set...i was also gonna buy the gas tank conversion for under the bed...then i was gonna buy their lowering kit with the front end rebuild....and all the other bs...
thanks for the info apache...
what do you think i should do...take it back and ask for my money back...or ask for one with the correct measurements...
where else would you suggest...lmc truck? i thought about them...but brothers is like right around the corner...you know...no shipping charges...
thanks...
Old 10-01-2002, 04:04 AM   #5
60 Apache

65 Chrome Grill Match Up Problems

Well, BROTHERS is good about taking things back and refunding money I have to give them that because the bumber and bumper guards I bought it had been over a year since I had purchased them and finally decided to take them out of the box and I found out they didnt fit. I feel that I may have just had bad luck with BROTHERS. I haven't heard any bad things from BROTHERS from anybody else! If you can save yourself on shipping charges I believe I would just keep working with BROTHERS. If you decide not to keep buying from BROTHERS I suggest Chevy Duty! I haven't bought anything from lmc. I haven't heard anything about em either. Hope there product doesn't look as cheap as there catologe! Keep me posted on what you decide.

Thank You,
"60 Apache"
60 Apache is offline   Reply With Quote