The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-12-2020, 02:33 PM   #101
G-NUT

Re: 86 GMC, Porterbuilt Mild front and rear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy View Post
I believe you need a 1” dd to 3/4” dd u joint. I bought all of my gear through Porterbuilt. I did end up getting some extra u joints because of the geometry of the shafts.
Yeah, I wish I would have. At the time I bought it I was a bit new to the C10 / PB game. 2013/14. I've had the front stuff a long time. Since then I've bought all of my rear parts and Accuair kit through PB. After getting all my parts I started my install. I have the motor out, and all of the front parts installed. Now I'm trying to get my steering shaft stuff going. Also, waiting on the Bonspeed wheels I ordered from Bonspeed 9 months ago. Not happy about that at all.

SOLD: 1985 GMC Sierra Classic 2500 3+3 Crew Cab Long Bed
G-NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 02:38 PM   #102
bigguy

I didn’t know bonspeed was still making wheels. Which level kit did you go with? The extreme is straight forward with the steering linkage.
bigguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 02:49 PM   #103
G-NUT

I got the extreme. Ordered is several years ago when I had a truck. Then 2 years ago I ordered my Accuair kit from PB. Then sold the 85 truck because I inherited a 84 suburban from a family member who passed. Last year I ordered my PB rear extreme kit to fit the burb. Nate put together parts from a 67-72 and squarebody for it.

My goal it to install the rear once I get the front completed. Can't get my rear axle all finalized, pinion angles and what not till I get my wheels. Whenever that may be.

SOLD: 1985 GMC Sierra Classic 2500 3+3 Crew Cab Long Bed
G-NUT is offline   Reply With Quote