The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech > Engine and Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-04-2007, 02:56 AM   #1
shifty
Questionable

Re: 5.3L GenIII /TH400 swap

I bought this setup, after seeing it installed in '68 short step's truck:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-...9768QQtcZphoto

With that said:

Pros: It looks sweet and comes with everything you need.
Cons: You gotta move your battery to another location.

I am using a stock auxillary battery tray to move the battery to the passenger side of truck

Notes:

RE: your fuel line setup: Very creative. BE AWARE: you need to be able to put at least 50PSI to the fuel rail, make sure your pump can generate that. Your engine should have a regulator built into the rail if it's truck/newer.

Don't forget hose clamps be sure your fuel line can handle 50PSI pressure without blowing up

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 05-04-2007 at 02:57 AM.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:03 AM   #2
68fleetsidec20

Shifty; As I am using the stock unbaffled tank it is best to go with a low pressure pump, a small storage tank then a high pressure pump. This way even as the fuel sloshes around in the tank the engine will never lose fuel pressure. Hopefully tomorow you will see the rest of my fuel setup. As for hose clamps, they will be added I am just mocking everything up for now. Thanks for the link but I think I will just make my own system.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:09 AM   #3
68fleetsidec20

Shifty; One recurring theme you might notice for this swap is cheap! My fuel system comes in under $200, new manifolds cost more money and fancy mouting kits are expensive. The end result my not look nearly as pretty as yours but should function just as well. When I finish I'll post a picture of the truck and you'll understand why "pretty" is not a big concern at the moment.

Last edited by 68fleetsidec20; 05-04-2007 at 03:09 AM.