The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 11:45 PM   #26
1974k5blazer
Account Suspended

Re: Project BAD K5

save that dash bezel if you dont use it sell it un cut bezels are hard to come by!
Old 06-24-2008, 02:36 AM   #27
BK
BK Built

Re: Project BAD K5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroppedChoppedPanel View Post
oh plans. haha. well, the obvious get it running, whatnot. just looking for any stock 327/350 etc right now. its just going to be my driver, but...

700r4
Bagged
Z'ed and modified frame under cab to lay pinch
Raised tranny tunnel
Step notch with triangulated 4-link
Raise the floor at the notch, and carry it the same height to the rear, and have my compressors and tanks under the rear floor, with an access panel to them
Shaved seams on the roof
Shaved this-&-thats on the truck
Shaved firewall
Trailer fender front wheel wells
67-72 wheels arches

Honestly its not going to be anything crazy... or at least thats what im telling myself. Im just going to get started on it, and see where things go.
Im battling my own words. looks like it wont be getting painted right away, as im putting in my two weeks next day or two, and i doubt the boss would like that.

This means it will be a little more custom, which is more my style. Looks like i will probably be doing the arches one more time, because now, i HAVE time, not rushing to get it painted. Might shave the lights/led tails somewhere. Maybe roll pan, maybe frenched bumpers. Shaved bumpers. Maybe shaved handles. One piece glass would be nice if it didnt cost a billion dollars, looks like i might concentrate more on bagging it, and getting a somewhat trick looking suspension dialed in. Nontheless, i want it road worthy next spring.

If i snag the OTHER job im going for, ill have plenty of time to throw at it, and i might even get FrizzleFry to lend a helping hand if i can coax him somehow...?

Now that its more of a project, im an ultra clean/badass look kinda guy. Clean, as in done right, subtle body mods, clean lines, not cluttered, badass, as-in in your face style, dont F with me attitude. So thats hopefully where this goes. Keep tuned in, hopefully getting my welder fired up next day or two. This means floors are coming out, firewall is getting shaved, who knows what else lies in the near future!

Wonder how hard a chop would be?

Last edited by BK; 06-24-2008 at 02:37 AM. Reason: added a space
Closed Thread